By Anonymous - 15/03/2018 15:00 - Spain - Marbella

Today, my boyfriend of 4 years and I announced our engagement to my family. While congratulating us, my sister couldn't help bursting into tears. I thought they got on well, he thought they got on well, she has been in love with him for the last 5 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 184
You deserved it 275

Top comments

Now she can suck it up and find another person who is in a committed relationship to "be in love with." Never understood how someone can be in love with someone they have not been with, more like infatuation. Might be weird for a while, but I wouldn't worry too much about your sister, she just needs move on.

Sounds like she never got the nerve to tell him though.

Comments

Doing the math here, it looks like you stole her boyfriend!

not if she never told her she was in love with him. doesn't seem like they were a couple before.

That’s what the OP would have you believe.

Sounds like she never got the nerve to tell him though.

Donut_Wizard 23

On the next episode of Generic Soap Opera...

Now she can suck it up and find another person who is in a committed relationship to "be in love with." Never understood how someone can be in love with someone they have not been with, more like infatuation. Might be weird for a while, but I wouldn't worry too much about your sister, she just needs move on.

I mean thats not fair. If they were good friends and had know each other for five years its reasonable to be in love with someone. I've fallen in love with friends before spending time together and being emotional intimate but not being romantic or sexual can still develop into love. \ The issue is the guy was in a serious relationship with her sister which is uncool to her sister.

I don't think this is a FML. I mean, your boyfriend loves you and you love him. Who cares if your sister "loves" him. He isn't cheating ( I hope) so it is all good. your sister just has to accept the fact that she can't ever be with him.

ThatGuy9679 13

Unrequited love is still love

No, it's more like obsession and refusal to move on and respect the other person's feelings.

Ciela 22

damn, sorry about that....help her move on

you know what though I feel bad for her, however you guys need to be happy and go on with your guyses life! As long as he doesn't feel the same, you guys do you boo boo! Congratulations

SwordSlashBlade 13

On the next episode of Jerry Springer ... “woman falls in love with sister’s husband and obsesses over him for five years hoping for a breakup only to be devastated when they get engaged.” Yeah, no, I wouldn’t watch it anyway.