By LanaStidolph - 02/12/2017 06:00

Today, I bought shampoos and household chemicals and was heading home on my bike when it started to rain. I felt a weird burning sensation down my back so I stopped and got off the bike. My backpack and jeans were covered in foam. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 517
You deserved it 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I call Shenanigans!!! Not only should the backpack kept the majority of the rain off of the products, but the shampoo and household chemicals were most likely in bottles or other type containers that could handle a little rain water. So you would have had to open the containers/ remove the caps, stuffed the containers into your backpack to ensure some spillage, and then left the backpack open during a torrential downpour in order for this story to have actually happened. So, you get nothing! You lose!!! Good day, sir!!!

I'm not buying this. were there no tops on theses bottles? not to mention it would have to be a violent rain and a very thin back pack for there to be suds.

Comments

And here you thought you had a clean ride home, but guess it turned out to be a pretty suddy one instead!

I think the ride turned out much cleaner than OP had anticipated.

Lobby_Bee 17

You're lucky they didn't mix together in your bag to create an explosion.

Were you transporting the shampoo on your head?

I call Shenanigans!!! Not only should the backpack kept the majority of the rain off of the products, but the shampoo and household chemicals were most likely in bottles or other type containers that could handle a little rain water. So you would have had to open the containers/ remove the caps, stuffed the containers into your backpack to ensure some spillage, and then left the backpack open during a torrential downpour in order for this story to have actually happened. So, you get nothing! You lose!!! Good day, sir!!!

mitolit 12

If they’re poor enough to ride their bike to the store, then I imagine that their backpack may have holes in it and therefore not be completely repelling water. Also if the bottles are heavy enough, one of them could have broken the cheap plastic lid off another bottle. Poor backpack + broken lid on bottle = plausibility. Think outside the box, life is full of endless possibilities.

Have you never bought cheap cleaning products? The tops break all the time!

I'm not buying this. were there no tops on theses bottles? not to mention it would have to be a violent rain and a very thin back pack for there to be suds.

PhantomCrevan 8

... is it really that hard to understand that the bottles came open and that the water from the rain just made it possible for the products to foam more?

Bottles do not just "come open". They are designed specifically to prevent such an occurrence.

Mungolikecandy 19

Maybe next time do not buy shampoo and household chemicals stored in paper bags.

Riding a bicycle and carrying groceries is the pits. I know, been there done that more than once. I got me a grocery cart, much better.

randybryant799 20

I don't understand this. Were there no caps on any of these items? Cause that's the only way that would happen.