By Anonymous - 15/03/2016 05:55

Today, I had to drive down to my parents' house. On they way down, I needed to fill up on gas but unfortunately I'd forgotten my wallet at home with all of my cash and credit cards. I then had to call triple A and explain to them in all seriousness how I ran out of gas at the gas station. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 187
You deserved it 3 309

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Innocent mistake, OP. Hopefully you made it out without further complications - running out of fuel is my biggest fear oddly enough. I can only imagine the embarrassment!

Could you not have walked home to get your wallet? Or called someone?

Comments

Could you not have walked home to get your wallet? Or called someone?

Depends how far away from the gas station he lives. He could've been driving for hours before stopping for all we know.

Steffi3 40

They did call someone, actually =p

I meant maybe the his parents he was going to see, or a friend

Innocent mistake, OP. Hopefully you made it out without further complications - running out of fuel is my biggest fear oddly enough. I can only imagine the embarrassment!

I agree! This happened to me and it was so scary! But the last line of the fml was so funny; at least you can laugh about it now :)

Don't worry about it, OP. I'll bet it made that day memorable.

I hope they were helpful? Always have some spare cash or a card somewhere secure and private in your car. I hope they didn't charge you.

BDanzeisen 20

At least you remembered your phone :)

How far away from somebody you knew that could help you?

I pack emergency cash wherever I go. However, it usually is spent on jelly bears.

8313girl 28

How crazy this is. I'm actually in a similar situation at this moment. Let my mind that I needed gas and right now on the side of the highway waiting for AAA. Have money for the gas station but not the means to get there lol.

lexiieeex3 32

No one in your family could have wired you the money for gas until you could pay them back?

OP didn't have their credit/debit cards or anything else kept in a wallet on them, so family wiring money wouldn't exactly help in this situation.

That why yo keep an emergency $20 in your sunglasses holder?