By sallymay - 08/02/2018 13:00 - United States - Rockland

Today, I found out that my amazing sugar and oil olive body scrub will cause the next person to get in the shower to slip and break an arm. We have no insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 585
You deserved it 1 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jesus I am happy to be Canadian and not have to worry about that stuff! Long live universal health care!!

I was really confused on how insurance would matter there until i remembered that not everyone in the US has insurance.... That said i'm really sorry for the one with the broken arm. Hopefully you can somehow get some help to get him/her treated. Though i have no clue what the cost for a broken arm would be.

Comments

fyl but also a bit of ydi. Oil is slippery, it's common knowledge. You should've made sure to wash it away well after use.

gobiteme2 34

should have added more sugar for holding power

I was really confused on how insurance would matter there until i remembered that not everyone in the US has insurance.... That said i'm really sorry for the one with the broken arm. Hopefully you can somehow get some help to get him/her treated. Though i have no clue what the cost for a broken arm would be.

Based off my daughter’s clean break in her arm due to an automobile accident we were in, the hospital bill (X-ray and ER visit) plus the follow up visits to the orthopedic doctor (two more X-rays, a cast and a brace) ran in the neighborhood of $15,000+ by the time it was all said and done.

With Obamacare, we were starting to catch up to the rest of the developed world in covering all our citizens, but now we’re Making America Great Again™ by kicking a lot of them off of insurance. With more uninsured, the US is probably going to make a strong surge in FMLs like this one.

I was a bit confused at first too, but then I remembered my mom. She broke both bones in her forearm in a hang gliding accident in her 20's, and being an uninsured broke hippie, decided not to get it pinned to keep the bill from skyrocketing. So they just slapped a cast on it, and it healed crooked. 20 years later she looked into having it corrected, but ultimately decided against it. Because it would have involved having her arm surgically re-broken and pinned, months of being in a cast, and a huge scar. Ultimately, the slightly improved range of motion wasn't really worth it. Because really, the biggest problem she has with her arm as it is is she has to rotate one section of her flute to a different position than is normal so she can reach all the keys, and her elbow sticks out more when she plays. That and having to deal with years of kid-me going 'Ooh! Ooh! Show them your arm!' every time I made a new friend.

Jesus I am happy to be Canadian and not have to worry about that stuff! Long live universal health care!!

Lobby_Bee 17

That's why you make sure they crack their skull instead of being half alive. That way they can't sue you and drain all your savings to pay for their medical bills.

Just found out? Really? Every sugar scrub I've ever had/used has had a warning about how the scrub can leave a slippery residue in the tub and you need to make sure to rinse it out well and step carefully.

YDI, what's next I poured water on the ground in the winter and slipped. Who knew ice was slippery. FML for the person that lives with you.

That wasn’t very sweet of you! You could’ve put someone in an oily grave!

thatslifeiguess7 16

I feel the pain I got cooking spray on my feet and fell in the shower and chipped a disc om my back

I... how?? I have never gotten cooking spray on the bottom of my feet, especially in the shower or even near it

thatslifeiguess7 16

I was baking before I got into the shower

boopingsnoot 24

It can depend so much on insurance, hospital, degree of injury, etc. Literally no way of knowing until you get the bill afterward. Just the ambulance ride is $1000ish.

EnvyMe33 26

This has nothing to do with the post. I like your profile name!!

knowing the us has no universal health care makes me so sad, so glad i don't live in that backwards place