This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Not an excuse - 11/09/2018 15:00

Today, I found out that I have to have my wisdom teeth removed. The appointment for the surgery is in the middle of this week, but none of my professors believe me. I have been given the same "lame excuse to get out of school" lecture five times. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 534
You deserved it 308

Top comments

Have you not been given anything in writing by the dentist?

Comments

Have you not been given anything in writing by the dentist?

In my university, we’re not supposed to look at the students’ doctor’s notes because those are considered pretty private. That would be a privacy violation. We usually just take their word for it. If it’s a missed test or a big assignment though, they should submit their doctor’s note to the office of student life and they can put it on file. That way, the student can make up whatever test they missed. It’s weird that the professors do not believe OP. Maybe he’s the boy who cried wolf too many times.

perhaps he cried wolf or his classmates have used that excuse many times, that the professor doesn't believe it when someone tells the truth.

What school do you go to where professors actually give a crap about attendance?

bluhbluhbluh 14

Maybe they're just worried you won't have enough wisdom to pass their classes after that.

Ouch OP I feel your pain hope it all went well and better then mine went I had a impacted, oversized, forward facing tooth with roots growing into my jaw hinge had to see a oral surgeon but 7yrs later I'm having issues with my jaw and now must go see a maxillofacial specialist because none of the surgeon's will touch it in my area and the nearest one is about 900miles away and wants $7000 in cash after seeing the new x-rays because none of them will take my insurance's ******* U.S.health care😭😤😞

so get a letter,? do you miss school a lot?

Always go with food poisoning. You can get that often, and when then challenge you, you go into the descriptions of the disgusting food you ate, the explosive diarrhea, the projectile vomiting, etc. You won’t get very far before they wave you off and give up.

Nah, freaks like that aren’t usually tight-asses when it comes to attendance.

_Hakuna_Matata_ 12

Hey, that's actually pretty smart 😂

_Hakuna_Matata_ 12

Hey, that's actually pretty smart 😂

bring a damn note from your Dr. pretty simple solution

TxKitten79 10

Do you show up to all your classes on time and do the work? My profs always believe me when I tell them I'm not going to be in class and why... because I d offi nt lie and I rarely miss class. Aside from that point, all you have to do is bring them a note from the dentist after the procedure. And if it becomes an nbn issue gove a copy of it to the office of Academic Affairs.

TxKitten79 10