By AnnieTheKitteh - 01/03/2018 19:00

Today, I came up with a new system: If I want to buy something, I must do a chore first. I thought my laziness would keep me from impulsive shopping. Instead, my entire apartment is sparkling clean. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 853
You deserved it 1 064

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hey, sounds good. you've got a clean apartment, and there is an upper limit to your impulse buying potential, given there's only so many chores in a day.

Comments

BTK4399 14
Lobby_Bee 17

Rewards is a great way to motivate yourself. I reward myself a good wank only if I can find the perfect never-before-seen **** clip.

That just means you have the discipline to follow through on your self-imposed restrictions. Adjust them a little to get the results you want, and I call that a win.

hey, sounds good. you've got a clean apartment, and there is an upper limit to your impulse buying potential, given there's only so many chores in a day.

YDI - everyone deserves to live in clean, tidy surroundings, and an occasional reward to self. You found a way - even if by accident - that allows you to have those things.

bannlyst 3

lol, you could freeze your card in a block of ice so when you want something you have to wait for the ice to melt and might not think it's still worth it by then

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Or worse, you're like me and memorize those numbers without even trying.

Good for you! You’ll have more room to keep your new crap!

Sounds like you need a new system, where you go to a counsellor to figure out why you can’t stop shopping. A clean apartment is nice, but not when it’s cluttered and you’re broke.

Wintermelons 19