By öKANEö - 02/02/2018 08:00 - United States - San Marcos

Today, during class, a student began arguing with my Algebra II teacher about whether or not water is wet. The student became so frustrated he threw a stapler across the room. Guess who got hit in the head and is currently bleeding pints in the nurse's office. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 804
You deserved it 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That kid is mentally unstaple! Hopefully the nurse will Bostich you up, so you can go back to class and Swingline your book bag into that kid’s face.

Comments

Looks like I learned a new tactic for debating!

IAmClay 24

That’s a really uncalled for reaction by that kid. FYL, hope it’s nothing serious

Lobby_Bee 17

Water isn't wet, unless you flick it with your tongue and spell the alphabet.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Depends on what type of water we're talking about... Ice isn't wet. Neither is steam. Only liquid water is wet. Then again liquid water is basically just very dense steam which isn't wet. And ice is less dense water which also isn't liquid...

You could argue that the definition of wetness is a thing that isn't water being in contact with water. So by this definition, water itself isn't wet, only the things that are in contact with said water are wet.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

But how would you prove that water isn't wet when nothing is touching it? Every method of testing I can think of involves touching the water...

Disque98 7

water is in contact with itself

That kid is mentally unstaple! Hopefully the nurse will Bostich you up, so you can go back to class and Swingline your book bag into that kid’s face.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'll only say this once people so listen. WATER IS WET.