By Anonymous - 12/04/2018 15:00

Today, after 11 years together, including 8 years of engagement and 3.5 months of marriage, I found out he had sex with his ex-girlfriend on my birthday. He's now leaving me and our kids to be with her because she's his "soul mate". FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 484
You deserved it 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's leaving you and the kids? Tell him he has to have a SOUL before he can have a SOULMATE.

He couldn’t say anything during the 8 years about not being happy? What a twat!

Comments

Um, why did you put up w/ being engaged for 8 yrs? J/c....

And yes, I voted in her favor. Just looking for clues/ foreboding hints to his despicable behavior is all.

Probably in an attempt to show it was supposed to be a higher level of commitment between them.

indienerdgirl 27

Maybe they at the time wanted to save up the money for a nice wedding as weddings are expensive. But if he kept pushing it off then I would've been suspicious as to why he kept pushing it off.

I do wonder why you were engaged so long; it should have been a sign that he wasn't really into the relationship. I'm also sorry you didn't find out what a cad he is before you got married.

It seems to be more common when couples live together and have multiple kids together they put off the formality of actually getting married. They already live the life of a married couple so it becomes less important.

Agreed, aruden. One of my brothers has been engaged since I was 12 years old, ...I will be 32 this September! They have 4 kids, a house, 2 cars together. Most people believe they are married as they wear rings on their wedding fingers, plus my sister in law calls my brother her "hubby" (My brother has a wonderfully sarcastic reason for not being married, which cracks my SIL up). Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I essentially had no engagement, my husband and I had been together close to 18 months, we talked about marriage and decided to elope (I've said since I was a little girl that I did not want a wedding). We just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. I'd babbled on more but my fat arse has spoken enough! ha. FYL to the OP, though. I can't imagine being with my husband that long, having children and finding out no only is he cheating but that he puts his mistress ahead of his children and current wife.

I do wonder why you were engaged so long; it should have been a sign that he wasn't really into the relationship. I'm also sorry you didn't find out what a cad he is before you got married.

He couldn’t say anything during the 8 years about not being happy? What a twat!

He's leaving you and the kids? Tell him he has to have a SOUL before he can have a SOULMATE.

"...and that's when I shot him five times...then reloaded...and shot him five times again." Judge: *bangs gavel* "CASE DISMISSED!"

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

This breaks my heart. So sorry about this, OP.

This is devastating, wtf is wrong with people ? So sad.