One step forward, two steps back.

By MJF - 24/01/2018 15:00

Today, my boss thanked me for all my hard work and promised me a raise and a promotion. Shortly thereafter, she sent out a memo announcing she'd sold the company. The new owner immediately came in to "restructure." I got demoted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 380
You deserved it 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17
psycobunnymamafox 13

Depending on where you are for instance here in Canada they can't demote you or fire you when they take over it goes against the laws of the labour board (I'm in payroll) check with the labour board or work board or even your companies head office (if your in a big company) and find out what the rules are for your area this happened to my dad and he ended up getting a big settlement from the company he used to work at just before he got head hunted for another company.

Comments

Do you get a pay cut, too? If you didn’t, they you got a raise! Congrats! If you get your current pay for your lower position, you effectively got a raise from that position’s normal pay, right?

Lobby_Bee 17
psycobunnymamafox 13

Depending on where you are for instance here in Canada they can't demote you or fire you when they take over it goes against the laws of the labour board (I'm in payroll) check with the labour board or work board or even your companies head office (if your in a big company) and find out what the rules are for your area this happened to my dad and he ended up getting a big settlement from the company he used to work at just before he got head hunted for another company.

queenwolfblood 8

please tell me you talked to your boss

bigdaddyeric 35

yay to looking for a new job that appreciates you!!