By Anonymous - 21/06/2018 19:00

Today, after months of trying for a baby and telling me how he wants a family and can't wait to have a kid with me, my boyfriend was relieved when I got a negative home test, saying he's not ready for kids yet. I took another test this morning. I'm pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 056
You deserved it 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It’s not uncommon for people to have mixed feelings about things of importance. Give your boyfriend a chance to react to the new results before getting upset. OP - A bit of personal advice. Relationships and family are big steps in life - Take it slow. If the two of you are not committed enough to each other to get married, then it’s premature to start trying to have children.

Its time for another game of "Guess who wanted the abortion!"

Comments

Its time for another game of "Guess who wanted the abortion!"

Are you sure it’s not a false positive? If the last one was negative…

gmommy3 9

If she tested too early then the pregnancy hormones were not high enough to give a positive result.

False positives don't exist because pregnancy tests react to pregnancy hormones. On the other hand a false negative can be possible if the test is done too early and the hormones not high enough.

As a woman who has had many negative home test results while actually pregnant, and using the dates recommended on the box. I consulted with a doctor,apparently false negatives are very common while false positives are very, very rare.

I'd say time for a third test.. or a doctors visit

It’s not uncommon for people to have mixed feelings about things of importance. Give your boyfriend a chance to react to the new results before getting upset. OP - A bit of personal advice. Relationships and family are big steps in life - Take it slow. If the two of you are not committed enough to each other to get married, then it’s premature to start trying to have children.

While I do agree that starting a family is a big step and you should take time to make it. I disagree that there first should be a marriage, before you can start on children. Commitment and support from both partners is of course very important, as is communication and planning about this decisions, but in my eyes that can be obtained in different ways than just marriage. so for the OP I would go talk with your boyfriend again. He might also have been relieved with the negative earlier because he is scared and doubting himself. Talking about having a child and wanting a child is very different from actually having a child and facing that reality.

julfunky 29

I upvoted for the “give the boyfriend a chance to react” part but like the other commenter I don’t believe marriage and commitment need to go hand in hand. Marriage isn’t necessary to be fully committed nor does it indicate full commitment.

Zekfen 17

You should do one of those surprise announcements and get his reaction on video. Maybe buy him a shirt that says: Daddy drinks because you cry.

ChromoTec 24

Tell him, but take a video. When you child is in his/her 30s or 40s it will be great for some laughs

openawhole00 6

if you guys break up make sure you change your emergency contact information. wouldn't want him saying to pull the plug

Lobby_Bee 17

Yes, your bf has mixed feelings towards having a child and this will be made clear when you have a child. One look at your baby and he will know that's what he wants. Ideally speaking of course.

I'm pretty sure waiting until you see the kid is a bad way to gauge whether you want kids or not... it's a bit late with no return policy at that point.

It's also possible he was acting relieved and saying that he wasn't ready yet as a odd way of trying to be supportive since y'all have been trying. That can be a lot of stress for people who are struggling with fertility. And now he has 8 months to get ready.

Then why are you bringing up old shit

give him a minute to absorb this. It's the only thing that effects your life as much as death.