By meh - 17/01/2018 09:00 - United States - Dublin

Today, after drinking myself to an oblivion, I awoke with a massive hangover. I didn’t want to go to work, but every excuse I came up with in my head screamed of alcoholics. When I arrived, my boss asked me why I was there. It was my day off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 995
You deserved it 4 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In fact, that's probably why you decided to get shitfaced the previous night in the first place.

At least, you can go home and take the #1 cure for hangover: Gettin’ drunk again!

Comments

In fact, that's probably why you decided to get shitfaced the previous night in the first place.

At least, you can go home and take the #1 cure for hangover: Gettin’ drunk again!

exileonmainst 16

It was Dublin in the United States (I know there’s a Dublin, Ohio). I, too, thought this was going to be an easy drunk Irishman joke.

exileonmainst 16

Ah.. Well, disregard my comment then.

manb91uk 22

It’s a good thing you weren’t still drunk or the only response your liquor-addled brain would have given you would be “I just came here to let you know that I fffucking love you, I really fffucking do. I love you, you’re my fffavourite fffucking person ever you!” Instead.

Lobby_Bee 17

Oh well, back on the bottle now.

Only voting YDI for setting an alarm for work when you're off. Usually when I drink the night before work I awake thinking its the weekend and that I'm off - completely forgetting for a moment that I do have adult obligations on a Friday.

Making sense of this if you had to work the next day why drink that much?

Hey man good for you for sucking it up and going in to begin with anyway! I know too many folks who would have just called in. Glad you had the day off though! :)

Anything that begins with the OP drinking him/herself to oblivion is an automatic YDI.