By hannahka - 29/08/2014 18:09 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, my parents sat me down and told me that I'm adopted. I took it in stride, and reassured them that as far as I'm concerned, they're my true parents. That annoyed them. Apparently the whole thing was a prank for a YouTube video, which I ruined by not crying or freaking out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 265
You deserved it 3 481

Top comments

DontClickOnMe 28

Well, how were you supposed to know. That was kind of a mean prank anyway, but you sound like a great kid. =)

ChristianH39 30

I would say you handled that perfectly

Comments

DontClickOnMe 28

Well, how were you supposed to know. That was kind of a mean prank anyway, but you sound like a great kid. =)

Next time, tell them they're going to be grandparents, then tell them it was for a YouTube video prank.

If OP even remotely looked like one of their parents then he/she would know it was a prank. If my parents pulled that on me I would know it was fake immediately because I'm the spitting image of my mother. Obviously not everyone has identical or similar features to their parents but usually you can tell you got your eyes/nose etc from one or the other.

Yes, but then there are those adopted kids that look like their adoptive parents. Growing up, I knew one girl who was adopted, and when she told all her friends, some of us didn't belive her because she resembles her mother.

orsombre_fml 11

My father looks a lot like his adoptive father though they are not blood related.

Yes, in fact that it true. You see, I'm adopted yet I look very similar to my dad, my friends at first were shocked but at all makes sense in the end.

ber4fun 23

Well it looks like the joke is on them.

ChristianH39 30

I would say you handled that perfectly

3- OP should have just said something like "oh thank God. It's a relief knowing I'm not related to you assholes." His parents deserve it if they would try a stupid prank like that.

Wow, that sucks OP, hope your parents realize your feelings are more important than a YouTube video. I agree, FYR.

Uhm okay so. Your parents are terrible. for some people that is a very strong thing and really shouldn't be toyed with.

You should prank your parents back. And thats kind of rude lying to you for a reaction

That's kind of ****** up, but at the same time, its not so bad because you aren't adopted, and it was funny.

Maybe 7 meant that it was funny because the prank backfired on OP's parents? That kind of WAS funny, and they totally deserved it.

BradGui 7

Hey BritSkits, what exactly is wrong with being adopted? - someone who was adopted

BradGui 7

And not the least bit “sad” about it btw. Smh so much ignorance.

Well at least it won't be the first boring video on YouTube.