By Worker - 21/10/2017 01:12 - Australia - Forrestfield

Today, the friend I recommended for a job at my workplace is getting fired for being one of the worst people they have ever hired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 337
You deserved it 851

Top comments

I love my friends but would never recommend them for a job lol. I would tell them about it but not attach myself to it. Mainly for this very thing happening. It looks bad on you if they **** up.

I hate to say this, but if the friend wasn't doing their job properly, then your workplace has every right to fire them.

Comments

I hate to say this, but if the friend wasn't doing their job properly, then your workplace has every right to fire them.

Fair point, but it reflects badly on OP since OP recommended the friend

bjnono001 20

I think the FML is that OP recommended someone so bad.

True, but it still sucks when someone you recommend turns out to be a terrible employee. Although you'd think the whole hiring process would have caught something.

I love my friends but would never recommend them for a job lol. I would tell them about it but not attach myself to it. Mainly for this very thing happening. It looks bad on you if they **** up.

Lobby_Bee 17

Work credibility is everything and recommending a friend is just handing your all your work credibility to them. I would never put my credibility in someone else's hand.

So, your superpower is selecting the worst person for a job? The Trump Administration needs you!

boopingsnoot 24

NOW I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HE DID. Tell ussss......

Well, did you know your friend was a lousy worker? If so, you shouldn't have recommended him/her. If you didn't know, that still sucks, but maybe it's not the best idea to recommend friends in case this happens.

Won't do that again! yeah I did that for a friend once too, he actually took over my position as the owner got me another job....yeah he was gone within a month and a half. Owner didn't hold a grudge on me though, told me that's a side of your friends you don't see, unless you've worked with them before at another job.

xtutu 12

That's pretty awkward. So dose ur friend explain to u why he was fired?

I once recommended a former co-worker for a position at my job site. I thought she'd be a good fit. I didn't think she'd constantly butt heads with the managers. Thankfully, they didn't hold it against me, but I'll never again recommend someone for a job.

that does suck buts it's also why I would never recommend a friend for a job where I work.