By DebitDebacle - 15/07/2018 19:00

Today, after my bank sent me a new card because the old one had been compromised, I woke up to find that it's already been used to start an Amazon Prime account and order several movies. The card to replace a compromised card has been compromised. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 101
You deserved it 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How long did you have your new card for before it was compromised? Either you're really unlucky, and are one of a indeterminate number of people who has been hacked, or you're being specifically targeted because you have yet to deal with the flaw that left you vulnerable the first time. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if a friend/relative has done it as a "prank". Whatever it was, beef up your internet security before registering your next card.

CerealBro1 13

Do you live with anyone? Unless you used your card somewhere really shady the night you got it, there’s no realistic way this could have happened without someone you live with using the card

Comments

How long did you have your new card for before it was compromised? Either you're really unlucky, and are one of a indeterminate number of people who has been hacked, or you're being specifically targeted because you have yet to deal with the flaw that left you vulnerable the first time. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if a friend/relative has done it as a "prank". Whatever it was, beef up your internet security before registering your next card.

You called the thieves to complain and gave them your info again. Maybe the good laugh they got will make them change

CerealBro1 13

Do you live with anyone? Unless you used your card somewhere really shady the night you got it, there’s no realistic way this could have happened without someone you live with using the card

Every time the credit card companies create a new algorithm for the credit card chips, hackers crack it. Some banks do not generate random card numbers anymore, opting for a standard prefix with a suffix number that increments by 1 every card they issue. I've seen people have their information stolen before they even get their card in the mail.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Ask your Roommate/Partner/Children if they know anything about that...

Imadumbass 16

I wonder if you will get a card to replace a compromised card that was supposed to replace a compromised card that was supposed to replace a compromised card that was supposed to replace a compromised card that was supposed to replace a compromised card that was supposed to replace a compromised card.

boopingsnoot 24

The charges are coming from INSIDE THE BANK! But seriously, how long was the gap between activation and unauthorized usage? And where did you use it?

Most of us learn through hard experience that life is all about compromise. Luckily, your bank is teaching you this in a very efficient way.

Someone is getting an early start on Prime Day! Maybe it's your whole account that's compromised and you should transfer your money out of it and put it in a new one. Either that or there's a shady worker at the bank. That definitely sucks.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Why I have an account with a credit union. Good luck

Is this how Xzibit memes are born?