By Broke Mama - 24/12/2011 14:38 - United States

Today, with the cost of craft supplies that ended in a DIY fail, then a costume and overnight shipping, I have now spent $90 to obtain a $10 hat and vest for my daughter to play a cow in the school Christmas play. She will say "Moo" three times with 5 other cows before leaving the stage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 729
You deserved it 7 989

Same thing different taste

Comments

#1, I see whatcha did there. Haha that sucks. At least you're being a good mommy. I'd say make that her Christmas present though. You spent a lot of money on her just for her to say "moo."

Same thing happened to this little girl I knew, she was in the Nutcracker ballet & had to practice for about a month, & ended up getting to run across the stage twice.

I guess you could say that she spent too much moolah!

glitter2012 0

I've always wanted to dress up as a cow.. Moo.

angry_anonymous 5
angry_anonymous 5

it wasnt even bad though, it didn't even come close to working. maybe if it was something relating to moo and not just addicts a bunch of o's into a word it couldn't. Herp derp yourself.

At least she didn't spend $90 on a moisturizer(:

pedosmurf 7

Dude anyone realize DIY is YDI backwards I think I was just mind ******

ohgeezjacklyn 0

Actually, YDI is IDY backwards and DIY is YID backwards. How did anyone not correct him before?

sugarandspice33 0

Hey, its 30$ a "Moo"... Totally worth it!

Your daughter's vest will be much better looking than the other ones!

broken_red_wagon 6

That's kind of random but ok :D

No she's not, she's moooaning at the fact that her she is spending money on her daughter to be in a play. Way to go MOM.

Blackmail111 9

Halloween was about 2 and a half months ago and I doubt she'll stay a size where she can fit the costume in 1 year

That joke was an udder fail. But don't worry, it cud have been worse.

54- wow... She's dressing up as a cow for a play. Maybe she'll reuse the costume for Halloween? I don't know.. It was a dumb comment anyway

starburst7596 14

That's not how you spell maybe even with the moo in it.

Make her say meow. :3 it'll be very surprising.

You could've just told me! How about you gooogle it for me :PP or maybe you don't know ither :)

iDaniel525 8

Don't have a cow! It's for your daughters play, in the end it's her for own enjoyment. So sit back and have a class of milk.

iDaniel525 8

For her* sorry, didn't see that until now.

iDaniel525 8

Didn't see that either! Thank you

NessieNessa 1

Exactly. You should be happy that it makes your daughter happy. No need to be selfish! No offense, but seriously, I appreciate every little thing like that that my parents did.

Blackmail111 9

What the hell kind of school is this? If my kids went to a school as cheap as that after all the fund raisers for the school that went to the school then I would transfer them. Unless all the money went towards school supplies then I would understand why they didn't have enough for costumes.

xXxIracebethxXx 14

Please shut up. Not every school is ******* rich and like you said, it could have been spent on SCHOOL SUPPLIES instead of cow costumes. Not every costume is paid for, as it can be donated or made by families. If YOU are not willing to spend money on costumes, like the mother of the FML, the school isn't being "cheap", YOU are. Get your ignorant ass out of here.

angry_anonymous 5

^ Relax. In regards to the actual comment (and not the flip out response) I disagree. Fundraisers go towered buying stuff like new pays Ed equipment or new educational tools like textbooks, smartboards©, etc, not costumes for a skit. it was probably voluntary to act in it, they can't force you to do it, so really it's OPs fault not the schools.

Yes, they can force a kid into participating in a school play. My elementary school did it all the time. They can't force you to buy the costume but they can make it compulsory to be in the show. Our school always asked for donations in case a kids family couldn't pay for a costume but that didn't mean that we didn't still have a few kids just in dress pants and a clean shirt. No one wanted to be in a donated costume any more than they wanted to be in no costume.

Blackmail111 9

Hey 73 how about you take your happy pill and get your ignorant ass out. If I had to pay 100$ to see my kid say moo 5 times rather than spending it on my family with economies nowadays I wouldn't buy the damn cow costume because when I went to school we had fundraisers for the school every like 3 weeks and afforded everything and this didn't happen at only 1 school it happened at all of the schools I went to.So before you call me ignorant and flip out reconsider things.

angry_anonymous 5

they can't make you do anything actually, your not obligated to do it. they can urge you to do it, but especially something like a school play, you can't fail for not doing it. so if you can tell me what implications there would be if you said "no I'm not doing this" what can they do? nothing. maybe they send you to the principal, but there is absolutely nothing they can make you do (don't take that completely literal, cause I some "people" would).

FMLsOhilarious 6

Haha wow, at least you can say your money is well spent in this economy all for five "moos" on stage. Oh wait, no you can't. You just spent an extra $80. Sucks for you, but at least your daughter will be happy.