By gotta euthanize em all - 29/11/2014 19:45 - Canada

Today, while at work, I had to spend an hour and a half on the phone, listening to an old lady relive her entire day in excruciating detail. We're not allowed to hang up on customers, and she was extremely quick to dismiss all my attempts to steer the call back on topic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 985
You deserved it 3 707

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She's obviously lonely. What's an hour and a half when you've probably made that woman's day!

Cheer up OP, lucky it wasn't an angry customer who was drilling you for every wrong the company has ever done to her.

Comments

Cheer up OP, lucky it wasn't an angry customer who was drilling you for every wrong the company has ever done to her.

I picked up the phone at work today (same policy) and had to listen to a lady sobbing over her fiancé, who had recently passed away. I didn't know what to do.

She's obviously lonely. What's an hour and a half when you've probably made that woman's day!

Exactly, so many old people are just looking for someone to talk to, you listening to them even if just for a little while can mean the world to them

AnOriginalName 19

OP made the woman's day, and he got paid to do so! So what if it's boring, it's probably a nice change from all the other customers.

I'll never play Pokemon again. Gotta Euthenize them all!

an hour and a half can be a pretty big deal if it blows out your aht and results in you losing your job.

Hahah well I hope that it was at least interesting? It's a funny story to tell at least!

Nope. This was it. This FML is the only bit of funny that could come from it. Like OP said, "excruciating".

Hang up anyways, not like they'll find out.

Yep, there's no way a device that can keep track of calls exist. It's totally science fiction.

It's news to me because telemarketers hang up on me ALL THE TIME. I wish OP called me and listened to how my day went :(

#21, lol, you believe someone goes through all the phone logs for all the callers to find someone who hung up once? It's obviously not something he'd do all the time.

Crappy job but at least she wasn't mean to you :/

That sounds like a crappy situation I hope the conversation at least made the time go by faster...:(

Op should have told her she was wasting his time.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

sounds like my neighbor, poor old lady talks to her dogs all day & night

Have patience, be nice, say I understand regularly, and play angry birds. May the force be with you.