By NewMom - 16/08/2017 20:00

Today, there was a baby shower for our first child. My hostess invited 75 people. Only 3 people showed up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 508
You deserved it 464

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don’t take it personally — people like you just fine, but they think you’re baby is a jerk.

Should have RSVPed and hopefully real invitations not a facebook invite .

Comments

Don’t take it personally — people like you just fine, but they think you’re baby is a jerk.

Should have RSVPed and hopefully real invitations not a facebook invite .

The same thing happened to a bitch at my job. She's the company snitch. That means no one likes you.

Sandra Foran 10

I know how you feel! About 5 people showed up to my baby shower when my entire workplace was invited. I received zero hospital visits from anyone even though I publicly shared which room and floor we were at. I'm really sorry to hear this, OP. Know that you are not alone in the world!

Baby showers are an attention seeking gift grab. If someone wants to get you a gift or pay attention to you, that should be a wonderful surprise. You don't deserve anything. If you need to bank on gifts to support your baby, you shouldn't be having one. Show some gratitude to the 5 people who bothered to come.

Chris Smith 9

Facebook inviting doesn't count as inviting.

most of them will never know you child anyways, so eff them. congrats on your baby

I'm going to guess that the way the invitation was written came across as grabby and a bunch of people thought "Yeah, screw that." Was there a registry of expensive gifts? Did you ask for cash? Was it a "pay your own way" venue?

It's the middle of August! People would find a wedding inconvenient and a pain and would maybe show up for a close relative's funeral - get real!