By Anonymous - 18/04/2018 15:00

Today, after spending 12 hours desperately searching everywhere I could think of, I'm forced to admit I left my wedding ring in the bathroom of the hotel suite we just spent our honeymoon in, on the literal other side of the planet. I am a dead man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 264
You deserved it 1 390

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Contact the hotel, let them know when you were there and what room you were in. If whoever found it is a decent person, they would have turned it in. You may have to pay postage but I see no reason why they wouldn't be willing to mail it to you if they have it.

Buy her something nice like a cat tail butt plug. Then she might forget the wedding ring and instead of killing you she could use the butt plug on you.

Comments

Buy her something nice like a cat tail butt plug. Then she might forget the wedding ring and instead of killing you she could use the butt plug on you.

Contact the hotel, let them know when you were there and what room you were in. If whoever found it is a decent person, they would have turned it in. You may have to pay postage but I see no reason why they wouldn't be willing to mail it to you if they have it.

WHS_Kitty 8

That won’t necessarily help (although I hope for his sake, it does... not like mine (to be continued in a future FML.)

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

OR do a comedy-movie-style roadtrip, to break into the hotel to retrieve your ring and be back before your wife notices

Luke, I think I say a "Jerry Steinfeld" episode like that! lol

So, after a few days of marriage, you are already living in abject fear of your wife? Great! That process usually takes years!

Dude!! Speaking from experience. I pity you. IF she's like most women, she won't forget this for the rest of your married life.!!!

Yes sir, contact the hotel immediately. The longer you wait the less likely you are to never see it again. In fact, stop reading this comment already and call them.

Call the hotel and ask to be put through to the Lost & Found office. All hotels are required by law to retain found items for 30 days. Ask if they have located a spine or a pair of testicles, since yours seem to have gone missing.

ChromoTec 24

Are you that inconsiderate? Even if this was meant as a joke, this guy just lost a $3,000 ring, and you make a joke about it? If I'd lost something worth 3 months' paycheck, I'd be stressed too! Don't be an asshole. The world has enough of those.

Where do you see that the ring cost $3,000? I see nothing at all about the cost of the ring. Given that the OP is male it seems unlikely that the ring would have cost more than $1,000. That's kind of on the high end even since wedding rings tend to be simple plain bands of metal. It's the engagement ring that tends to be the most costly of all three rings since it is the one that generally has the diamonds and the like added to it.

yes that's frustrating but it was an accident and hopefully your spouse understands

Mungolikecandy 19

Is there no way to contact the hotel and ask to pay to have it posted to you?

You are a newlywed. Wearing a ring is not something you're used to, and a lot of newlyweds take their ring off at the start. I'm hoping that you being the groom, its a plain ring with no gems in it. Contact the hotel, and see if they found it. Usually hotels go after the cleaning crew too to see if it was there. Worst outcome is that you buy a replica, because if you really love each other, the actual ring from THAT DAY shouldn't matter at all! Good luck!

Lobby_Bee 17

Still in the honeymoon phase of the marriage, you can kill somebody and she won't even get mad.