By sadguyme - 22/10/2012 07:31 - United States - Turlock

Today, on the first cold night of autumn, I realized I need a girlfriend because the only way I can stay warm is if I spoon with my dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 646
You deserved it 5 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it really that cold in California or are you just looking for an excuse to spoon your dog?

Comments

Inheritance 10

Till it fries your dick off. And you spoon with your dog? Da ****..

priceyfml 7

58, it's an album cover of a great Thrash Metal record, like mine.

KiwiExchange 16

Or just get yourself a sweater.

thrAsHeRr9081 16

I love snuggling with my dog; it's one of the best feelings ever!

You snuggle your dog and are married to a llama? What species are you?

Also wondering that she says she's married, but her profile says Miss. not Mrs.

It always bothered me that the titles used for women tell you about their marital status, but for men it doesn't, as if women always have to be defined by their partner or lack of partner. That also goes for the unwritten rule that the woman has to change her name when she gets married to signify her changing from her father's family to her husband's. It's a really archaic idea that women always have to be defined by their relationships with men. Sorry for the fem-rant, I'll stop now.

thrAsHeRr9081 16

Mrs. wasn't an option, that's why it says Miss ;-) Yes, I love snuggling with my lab and I married a llama on September 29th. I see no problem here ;-)

thrAsHeRr9081 16

I met my husband on CoD 4, and his gamer tag is SketchyLlama, hence the nickname. :-)

Hey, I'm named after a four component condensation reaction - I'm throwing no stones here!

47, you don't have to change your name when you get married. You can keep your maiden name, or combine both like this "maiden name-husband's surname"

Is it really that cold in California or are you just looking for an excuse to spoon your dog?

citymayer 7

Depends on where he's from. I feel like he's just a weenie that can't handle the cold though.

skyeyez9 24

I have relatives who live in Okinawa. Their "winter" is around 50-55 deg and they think that is cold. They will have the heavy blankets and heaters on. Its on the same latitude as the Bahamas (hot and extremely humid). On the other hand, they are used to the heat there and barely break a sweat, while me when I visit am sweating nonstop and miserable.

I guess I'm kind of bias cause I'm Canadian. ;) He's a weenie.

skyeyez9 24

I have friends in canada who live in manitoba on 350 acres. They often get snowed in for weeks at a time. That would drive me crazy.

I'm from Manitoba as well, last year was the only mild winter I can remember. It was still -30 degrees Celsius every now and again. I guess if you're from a warmer climate you don't adjust well. Then again we can have a 90 to 100 degree difference between winter and summer.

skyeyez9 24

I email them fairly often. They said it does get pretty hot at times, but winters are brutal. We get bad winters here in CO, but not that bad! I enjoy winters to go skiing, but not to the point the cold will give you frostbite if your skin is exposed for more than 2 minutes type of cold!

Norther Cal is in the Sierra Nevada mount range, it gets cold. Less then an hour of diving (in Oregon same mountain range) I can go from 1000 ft to the 17000 ft sky resort. I've had my lifted suburban up to the headlights in snow before.

bfsd42 20

I live in San Diego, and though yesterday was the coldest day of the year so far, I still wore shorts and a tshirt all day.

miyaviichan 27

I've always wanted to visit Okinawa, skyeyez9. But I guess I should go in the winter, when I'm not sweating like a mexican.

In sacramento it just hit cold overnight

If OP lives in the Santa Cruz area, it's always 50-60 degrees F. And foggy.

You do know there is a Northern California whee it snows right? May want to check your geography.

I live in wisconsin and its not even that cold yet...

KiddNYC1O 20

He's probably like everybody else. Any small temperature drop and they're wearing Eskimo gear. Am I the only one with warm-ass blood?!

buy thicker. (the F it's called) "blanket" is the only things that comes to my mind. winter "blanket"

RedPillSucks 31

It's when your dog spoons you back, that you should become really worried.

Or you could turn the heater on and use more blankets. That works just as well.

skyeyez9 24

They are the best for snuggles. One of my dogs recently passed away and I'd give anything to hug him again! Enjoy your dog's company, cause one day they will be gone and it will rip your heart out when they pass. No matter how prepared you think you are for that day. :(

My dog passed away on Christmas day last year, now that December is coming up, I'm thinking about her a lot :( I wish I could hug her again too, she was a good dog.

Aww, I know the feeling. But just think of how many wonderful years of friendship you had! Nobody can take those beautiful memories away from you :) don't remember them for when they died, but for when they lived. Hang in there

I think it's about time you invested in a snuggie.

A little bit of peanut butter applied to the right place and you'll be in heaven.

And before the onslaught of comments, NO, I have never done this, I do not even own a dog. Unfortunately, my son's former college roommate got caught several times with their friends dog and a jar of peanut butter. They broke him of the habit by getting him kicked out of the house.