This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Please punt me into the sun - 02/06/2017 16:00

Today, on my first day of work, I got lost trying to figure out the local bus system's confusing map. By the time I'd figured it out, I had doomed myself to being an entire half hour late. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 369
You deserved it 1 618

Top comments

If you knew the system was confusing, you should've made the route prior to your first day. ydi op

I wanna say FYL because as a daily bus-rider myself I understand how that can happen, especially with the city suddenly changing routes, departure times, and moving bus stations around, but I also wanna say YDI because every time I get a new job or have somewhere important to be I always /triple check/ to make sure where I'm going the night before and noting it down in my phone just in case. If I'm still confused, I make sure to ask a bus driver or person nearby for directions. It's not that hard.

Comments

If you knew the system was confusing, you should've made the route prior to your first day. ydi op

Strike one! Maybe you should figure out how the bus can get you to the unemployment office. You'll need it next time you get bus-ted.

I wanna say FYL because as a daily bus-rider myself I understand how that can happen, especially with the city suddenly changing routes, departure times, and moving bus stations around, but I also wanna say YDI because every time I get a new job or have somewhere important to be I always /triple check/ to make sure where I'm going the night before and noting it down in my phone just in case. If I'm still confused, I make sure to ask a bus driver or person nearby for directions. It's not that hard.

chessu 21

YDI. Google Map it the very least the night before and with first days aim to be there with plenty of spare time. I honestly have to assume you don't have Google Maps where you live because it is pretty much impossible to get lost using that, in which case even more YDI for not checking the route beforehand.

"By Please punt me into the sun - / Thursday 1 June 2017 15:58 /" Big fan of the name used by OP here. I more commonly tell idiots in my general life to "Get in the ******* sea" but I might add sun punting to my phrase book.

You didn't think to sort out your commute to work before your first day? YDI.

cheshireau 26

Why wouldn't you check this a day before your job?

If there's ever a time to be overly organised it's when you're starting a new job. Plan ahead next time.

You should have figured the bus route out before your first day on the job.

YDI because you should have figured it out long before the first day of work. BE PREPARED.