By Anonymous - 05/03/2016 11:17 - United States - Gurnee

Today, my tiny apartment flooded. My family lives out of state and the few friends I have all gave me B.S. excuses for why I can't stay over for a few nights. I'm so broke this month that I'll probably have to hit up my psycho ex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 114
You deserved it 1 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thunderniron 22

If you live in an apartment that you're renting, the management company is responsible for providing you with a place to stay while your apt is unlivable.

Comments

You can make a canoe bed and float in the water :) sounds relaxing huh

Until he rolls over a little bit too far off the edge.. Oops

Sounds better than sharing a bed with a psycho ex

Druu 53

Youth hostel? Or maybe a coworker?

trellz17 19

We have expensive ass hotels lol.

When I think of Hostel I think of the movie. I'll pass

Tough situation. Maybe try and rough it out if possible? If not, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Could you ask your family to transfer you some money? If your ex is really crazy I wouldn't do it

Don't be too alarmed if you find equipment for flooding an apartment at their place.

thunderniron 22

If you live in an apartment that you're renting, the management company is responsible for providing you with a place to stay while your apt is unlivable.

Actually not true. Only if they have renters insurance which is not required

sylvienoir 18

no, #41 I lived in a place where the roofers were replacing the roof after a bad hail storm and it started raining so they put layers of something that was clearly not water proof. the ceiling fell in on my boyfriend while he was sleeping and a ton of the stuff in our room was covered in itchy scratchy insulation. Our landlord paid for a suite for us for 3 days, and we didn't have renters insurance. if the apartment you're paying for is not liveable then they have to find a place for you to stay.

Your down voted but I work at State Farm and you are actually right

Not always true. I know a lady who was just in a hotel for two weeks while her apartment was being renovated after being bought by a new owner. Per the terms of the purchase, all renters were suppose to leave for renovation then sign a new lease with the new owner. She didn't have a place to stay or any cash to go to a hotel and the new owner put her up in a hotel. Had he not of been a nice guy, she would have been s*** out of luck. She didn't have a lease with the previous owner (slum lord) and could have been told to hit the highway at any time. It all depends on your lease and the terms it includes. You need a clause for stuff like repairs out of your control.

Unfortunately, though they are responsible to cover the expense, it is usually in the form of a reimbursement. I don't believe OP is holding a credit card if they're really considering the psycho ex.

Thought that one out reeeeaaal hard, didn't cha?

Using the app. Couldn't tell the gender.

You can see their gender on the app #52.

No, you can't. Obviously you haven't seen all the complaints about it lately. Android users can't see it on the app.

61 - I'm on android and i can definitely see gender.

Where do you see it because all I see is blank space next to Anonymous? I only see the gender of replies.

I mean sleeping outside sounds pretty cozy too