By Anonymous - 09/07/2018 15:00

Today, my stepson objected to being woken up at almost dinner time. He knows I have PTSD from my 2 tours of duty, so he turned his speakers way up and blasted the sounds of gunfire through the whole house. I hyperventilated and passed out. Little bastard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 311
You deserved it 365

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chris_lillo 15

It's time for you to enjoy a new set of speakers courtesy of your stepson. Strip his room bare of his unnecessary possessions and have him learn respect the hard way.

This is where you go into his room while he's sleeping and smash everything electronic, then sign the little bastard up for boot camp. He'll learn how to wake up at civilized times, and have a better respect for those who served in the armed forces.

Comments

This is where you go into his room while he's sleeping and smash everything electronic, then sign the little bastard up for boot camp. He'll learn how to wake up at civilized times, and have a better respect for those who served in the armed forces.

chris_lillo 15

It's time for you to enjoy a new set of speakers courtesy of your stepson. Strip his room bare of his unnecessary possessions and have him learn respect the hard way.

that is so calculated and disgusting behaviour. I hope he is punished and you take away his gadgets so that he learns it is not ok to exploit other people's mental well-being like that.

I'd make sure his mother is on board with any punishment you mete out. He might want to drive a wedge between you and her. You need solidarity on this one. In this situation, he is the enemy and you have to set up a united front. Once he realizes he can't pit you and his mother against each other, he may just cave in.

julfunky 29

I don’t think that’s the hard way.

Back when I was little if I do something this dickish I would get the belt x.x Asian way of being raised.

Jamaican way too. I would have gotten my behind whooped for a week if I tried to pull this. The only way I'd be allowed to stay in bed that long is with the flu.

calculated and manipulative behaviour. cut that kids ties with anything electronic, little shit needs to learn some respect, not only for his step dad but for a veteran.

You should make that brat do some volunteer work at a clinic that helps people cope with PTSD, in addition to signing him up for military school.

tash901 31

Return fire! Blast a trumpet wake up call just as loud through speakers to wake him up every day for a week I'm sure he'll change his tune after! P.s sorry for the puns, I hope you find coping methods that work for you :)

Normally I'm against violence But sounds like someone needs a drop kick to the face.

thats when you talk his mother into sending him to summer boot camp

You ought to frag the little bastard.

cptncuttlefish 24

I see boot camp in this little bastards future.

You need to have a discussion with his mother. Respect goes two ways from parent to child, especially in a stepchild and step-parent house, but this sort of disrespect and vicious behavior is uncalled for, especially from someone who is suffering from such traumatic PTSD. It’s practically sociopathic. You need to explain to his mother how disrespectful it is to you, and how your step-son cannot continue this behavior, and find ways to figure out how to correct it; whether it be taking away his electronics or sending him to a summer boot camp. If she doesn’t see anything wrong with this behavior though, then I think you found the core problem.