By letstradefamilies - 21/12/2015 21:50 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my relatives told me that when I stay at their house for the holidays, I'm no longer allowed to be out past 10 because somebody drugged my drink once. I'm a 25 year old man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 372
You deserved it 1 835

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saraaa2552 15

At least they are looking out for you

At least they care! Maybe just tell them how you feel, being 25 and all. They're probably just worried. Being drugged is nothing to take lightly. Hopefully they'll come around though. :)

Comments

snarkytruth 37

Dude...he is a guest with free room and board. He should respect the house rules or pay for a hotel. They want to be able to go to sleep at a "reasonable" time instead of staying up all night worrying. Harsh - but it's the price to stay with them. Maybe if you invite one of them to join you they'll be more flexible when they see your more careful. They care it could be worse.

Bullshit. He's 25, they should learn to trust him more. And since he is a guest, they should be more concerned about being good hosts than being helicopter parents.

Well you could test out that nail polish used to test drinks for drugs...

You're a free guest at their home, either move to a hotel or put up with the rules of their home. Also you're lucky you have family that care about you, they haven't dismissed what happened to you but are instead worried about your safety. If you won't move to a hotel and still want an extention on their house rules, then I suggest you take someone they can trust to look out for you, with you.

Apparently rules of hospitality go out the window if the guest you're entertaining happens to be your adult offspring? And apparently helicopter parents are bad until it's their offspring complaining about them being helicopter parents, in which case, suddenly it's "their house their rules" As both hosts and the parents of their offspring, they need to stop sheltering someone who is no longer a kid, especially when they no longer desire to be sheltered.

Wait, they're actually relatives, not his parents. That makes this even more inane.

Sorry dude, their house, their rules. If you wanna stay out till all odd hours of the night go to a hotel. Being drunk and coming into someone else's house at 2am is incredibly disrespectful- esp if they are all seeping.

OP might not be male but I think some people will rape or rob men too.

#23 The end of the FML says "I'm a 25 year old man"... so I'll pretty sure OP is, in fact, a man.

In our group which was mostly male someone roofied two drinks not knowing who they would go to. Some people just do it for fun, some people do it to rape who knows.

Are you really that ******* stupid? Men are raped nearly as much as woman. Men are just so much less likely to actually report it because of dumbasses like YOU who think it can't happen.

"someone must have drugged my drink". I sure know that excuse

OP you're more than capable of handling your own. Respectfully tell them that you'll be careful and keep them posted but won't be home before 10 if you don't want to be. You're an adult and shouldn't have a curfew.

Sathane 21

Easy. Rent yourself a hotel room, and watch your drinks.

Well you're 25, they can't really force a curfew on you. I guess they could lock you out and say they'll do it again if you don't start coming back by 10. But at that point they're just being assholes.

it is not being an asshole to enforce house rules by locking rule breachers from access to the house just because you invite somebody to stay with you, doesn't mean they have free reign to do what they want while they are staying with you it is fair game to set restrictions on guests, and if they don't agree they can rescind the offer to let you stay there