By Anonymous - 10/01/2016 10:35 - United States - Pittsburg

Today, my mom said if I dont get straight A's in my classes this year, she'll get the school to hold me back until I do. I believe her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 509
You deserved it 2 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't think the school would allow that. If it's a real problem then talk to the principal about it or the headmaster

Just try your hardest OP, there is no way the school would let that happen so just do well (A's and B's) and I'm sure you'll be just fine!

Comments

I don't think the school would allow that. If it's a real problem then talk to the principal about it or the headmaster

awildwhisper 30

No Child Left Behind... except for OP :/

I also highly doubt mom would ever be able to pull this off. Perhaps if OP was in elementary school, she could, but even at a private school, I don't see it happening. As long as OP passes the proper classes and earns the credits for the classes, the school cannot hold him back. The real FML is that OP's mom sounds like an asshole.

a headmaster is just like the principal of a school.

Did you think J.K Rowling made up the word headmaster?

Just try your hardest OP, there is no way the school would let that happen so just do well (A's and B's) and I'm sure you'll be just fine!

That would probably be so much more damaging to your record than not getting straight A's

Not only that, but I can only assume OP is in highschool or less. Yes it's important to stress good grades mainly for good habits, but unless you want in to Harvard b's vs a's don't matter much

Don't worry OP. I doubt the school would let her do that. I suggest just getting good grades and you'll be good to go, don't worry about it too much.

awildwhisper 30

If that was the case for every student they'd still be 40 year olds in high school :o

The school will not allow that. I'm sorry your mother is being so irrational. Not every student can manage straight As. Explain to your mom that you're doing the best you can. As a parent, the only thing she should be expecting is her child's best work. Anything she expects that's above your power is a reflection on herself. Not you.

Mathalamus 24

fortunately, its not up to the mother. it isn't her right.

And, unless she's paying a lot for your schooling, the school will laugh her out the door.

Even if she is paying a lot of money, the school will laugh her out the door. Schools, even private schools, still have to follow state and federal guidelines for accreditation. What OP's mom is threatening could endanger a school's reputation, funding, and accreditation. If OP gets a C or higher in a class, there is no way OP will have to repeat that class, much less the whole grade.

She can't get them to hold you back your mom is being ridiculous and extremely manipulative. Do your best that's all you can do.