By clumsylobster - 13/10/2014 21:33 - Australia - Perth

Today, my friends and I went paintballing. The instructor showed us the sound of an unloaded gun by shooting at my face. It wasn't unloaded. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 877
You deserved it 3 555

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly, I would report him. That is incredibly unsafe, you aren't supposed to aim at people's faces regardless.

wow. That's one bad instructor. I hope you're doing well and the bruise isn't that painfull!

Comments

That must have been very painfull for you en very funny for your friends. Sorry OP

Thank you for pointing those out captain obvious!

Actually that's very dangerous the plastic could have cut ops eye or something. I actually spent two hours pulling plastic pieces out of my leg last time I went

ChristianH39 30

I worked at a paintball field for a while, OP could've gotten sent to the hospital if he got hit in the eye. That's exactly why we set aside one gun, that wouldn't be used, to demonstrate with.

Yeah that's very dangerous, hopefully OP didn't get cut or anything

JadeWinter 16

Call me uptight, but considering paint balls can actually pop eyeballs, I wouldn't consider that remotely funny if it happened to a stranger, let alone my friend.

Honestly, I would report him. That is incredibly unsafe, you aren't supposed to aim at people's faces regardless.

yes, that is wildly unprofessional, the number on rule is always point the gun in a safe direction, and treat every gun as if it was loaded. that's common sense. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Incredibly unsafe, unprofessional, and not funny. You have a complaint to file, if you were injured ... Maybe more.

You should definitely make him feel like a scumbag for it, but don't get him fired. He's a paint-ball instructor; how easy do you think it will be for him to find another job?

jazzy_123 20

if he loses his job that's his own fault. when working with equipment that can be dangerous, you have to be very cautious and this guy was a dumbass for it. So if he does lose his job he deserves it. who knows how many other times he's done that and risked people's faces. Didn't you read the story of the instructor teaching a 9 year old how to use a weapon and the safety wasn't on, and the little girl accidentally shot and killed him.

Yeah, why couldn't he have showed what it sounded like by shooting at the ground?

#70 No. She was shooting an UZI and lost control over it and shot him.

Yeah, I guess. But when was the velocity of paint-balls increased to 3000FPS? It's been a while.

A report definitely should be filed but paintball fields tend to have waivers that get them out of situations exactly like this

jazzy_123 20

that's why I said weapon because I couldn't remember what kind it was :p paintballs still hurt. They bruise up the skin, I can't even imagine that pain on my face.

wow. That's one bad instructor. I hope you're doing well and the bruise isn't that painfull!

But seriously, I hope it didn't hit OP's eye or something.

Grab a loaded gun and aim back at him. (Just say that you were trying the gun out)

SystemofaBlink41 27

"Oh, you were just trying your gun out? Well, why didn't you say so?!" *slams hammer* "Case closed!"

Better hope they're rich, otherwise suing them won't be quite as incredibly fun. Good luck!

Allornone 35

Lawsuits aren't really "fun." They often take years and can be quite expensive. Plus, a situation like this doesn't quite warrant one. However, it was still incredibly irresponsible and potentially dangerous of him. Maybe he could at least comp your tickets.

"Fun" was the product of poor word choice, I meant the result of the lawsuit won't be as rewarding. What happened can very well be constituted as offence, though. At the very least there should be compensation for physical damage.

Kallian_fml 21

I really hope you hadn't finished signing the release form yet, OP.

He shouldve checked the gun before aiming.

HeadlessSparrow 20

he also should have checked where he was aiming.

Sounds like rubbish no offense, but they know too well not to aim above the elbows, unloaded or loaded

Usually I aim for people's chest and head when paint balling . I guess I wouldn't aim for someone's head without a mask on though .

Those are honestly the places where it hurts the least. You can't feel anything if your mask gets shot.

tony1891 22

he unloaded his gun into your face. booyah!

Indianboy9321 25

Your profile picture fits the tone of your comment.