By ashdk - 28/01/2011 09:12

Today, my fiancé and I just moved into our first apartment together. Our neighbor across the hall? My ex-boyfriend who I've had to file three separate restraining orders on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 625
You deserved it 5 667

Same thing different taste

Top comments

*Against. File three separate restraining orders against.

Well, 1) move, 2) have your bf protect you, or 3) have a competition and pick the winner. You should move though, your ex probably lived there before you, unless he moved there when he found out you were going to live there. Then you should definetly move.

Comments

heyimzim 4

*Against. File three separate restraining orders against.

sccrismyantidrg 4

Do people not know when to say "who" and "whom" anymore? Oh wait... silly me for thinking people actually have proper education

its an fml. what do you want? a hardvard entrance essay?

Yes, "Silly you" indeed. It's the internet and nobody (unless you're a grammar Nazi) cares if you do grammatical or punctuation errors.

sccrismyantidrg 4

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
sccrismyantidrg 4

11- Get over the "it's just the internet" excuse for people's laziness. I'm so sick of hearing it.

you're sick of hearing it huh? then might I recommend you STAY OFF THE INTERNET! everybody is happy and everybody wins!

sccrismyantidrg 4

18- I would still have to hear idiots like you speak.

I_really_do_care 0

you ugly as hell why are you even talking?

The proper question is 'why isn't she making a sandwich?' And after a GCSE and an A level course in English language, I still wasn't taught the difference between 'who' and 'whom'. Silly me for not writing the syllabus

#5: Silly you for thinking what matters to you ought to matter to everyone. You can't stop people from making grammatical mistakes. What is deemed a mistake today, may be considered correct in the future. Language will inevitably evolve. YOU might call it devolution, but whichever it is, there is nothing you can do about it. The majority of people do not care that much about grammatical correctness, and in the end the majority decide how our language evolves.

Seriously, while I agree that knowing the correct grammar is valuable and makes a good impression, the difference between who and whom is not really a major issue.

sccrismyantidrg 4

31- I never expected everyone to agree with me. I merely pointed out an error and expressed my sadness in realizing how poorly educated people are today. Everyone has an opinion and, frankly, I don't give a shit about yours.

Don't base a generalisation on a single mistake. Better yet: don't generalise, period. If you are well-educated, you should be aware of the error in your reasoning. If you are not well-educated, you are a hypocrite for criticising others.

40 You are just a facist bitch and probably have nothing better to do than go on the Internet, and point out "grammar mistakes" of others just to feel superior to them. If you are an English teacher or English major, leave it in the classroom ok?

Do you even know what a fascist is? Cause it feels like that word is thrown out a lot by people who don't know its meaning

#23 - Hmm..."YOU ugly as hell..", yeah? I didn't know we were in the ghetto now...if you're going to insult ANYONE, please make yourself sound a little bit intelligent, please, for your sake. And use a better insult, nothing something typically used in grade school. Just saying. #40 - Fascist bitch? You DO know what fascism is, right? The dictionary says "a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism."...how is her commenting about their grammatical error, and saying something about our education system fall into any of that definition? Hahaha..wow. OP, YDI..if those three restraining orders you had against him meant ANYTHING serious, wouldn't you want to check where this creep lives before you go and move somewhere, just to be safe? Yeah, I would. Because restraining orders (especially THREE of them against one guy) are a pretty big deal. Again, just saying.

zelinskas1994 0

god you are just a bitch damn quit trollin on these people you grammar Nazi!!!!

There's nothing wrong with being a Grammar Nazi and showing the world you're properly educated. 5-The difference between who and whom is minuscule; there are better things to correct. That being said, I think you're right. 11-You can't "do" grammar mistakes. You /can/ make them, though.

DigitalFusion 4

Interestingly enough, I know exactly what the difference is between the words who and whom. Yet, despite that knowledge, I don't give a **** whether other people use it or not. Most people today are posting from mobile devices, and frankly it's a pain in the ass to go back and edit something that really doesn't matter. Language is a communication tool. So long as everyone understands what you're trying to get across, the small details don't matter. The only time perfecting language is necessary is in legal documents - thus keeping anyone from deriving an alternative way of reading it.

So what you're saying is that if someone does not know the difference between "who" and "whom" they are entirely uneducated? Even a surgeon whom has passed medical school with top marks? By the way, there are no spaces after an ellipsis and you forgot the period at the end of your sentence. Before you criticize others, make sure that you're right. Or don't criticize others at all. That might make everyone else happy.

Well, 1) move, 2) have your bf protect you, or 3) have a competition and pick the winner. You should move though, your ex probably lived there before you, unless he moved there when he found out you were going to live there. Then you should definetly move.

if she did that itd be a huge ******* bitchy move, and IMO the exboyfriend should set her house on fire... or something

gusgus36 5

time to look for a new apartment... the landlord should be understanding about breaking the lease because of the circumstances, hopefullyno

Wow Gus Gus 32 you are by far, one of the most Beautifull girl I've ever seen in my life... Just thought I'd pay you that compliment !!!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

This is stupid. Seriously. This is really stupid. I know of apartments that cost more than houses. Some people would rather live in an apartment, anyway. Who is to say how much money they make or why they are there? Your reply is probably one of the dumbest replies to anything ever written on this site. In closing, please remove yourself from the gene pool.

TaylorTotsYumm 10

I can't tell if this lad is trolling or not.

F14Shado 0

lolol this is the most retarded logic I've ever heard. "HOW DARE YOU DATE SOMEBODY THAT WASN'T YOUR SOUL MATE."

wow... that gave me a headache. so many thing wrong in this comment.

MEM0817 18

13- with all due respect, you're a ******* idiot. I don't think I've ever called anyone that on this website or any for that fact. You've more then earned that name calling. Good day.

Okay don't be rude. That's just mean.

sccrsmismyantidrg or whatever get a life lol and maybe a new face before you criticize others lol

You're criticising someone's picture, yet you don't have one of your own? Okay then, Señor Insecurity.

Love the lol's punctuating each of your sentences. Also, why does someones appearance matter in such a conversation. Has it really gotten to the point in which, when you can't change someones opinion, you insult them? O right, we reached that line centuries ago.

justmekp 0

well then you can't move in there. restraining orders work both ways ya know.

Exactly, if there is a current order against him, the OP could be jailed depending on her city or state. Because SHE is now violating it against him, as a "FORCED" violation on his end. So unless they both plan to keep hush hush about it to the cops/landlord, she'll have to find a new place. At least that is the law here where I live.

rcooper311 0

good luck with John Hopkins WooHoo