By Anonyme - 17/12/2015 06:24 - France - Lyon

Today, Murphy's law didn't check out: my piece of toast didn't fall on the side containing the spread of jam. However, when I leaned against the corner of the table to pick it up, I knocked a full ashtray on top of it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 470
You deserved it 145

Top comments

Tray to be more careful next time, dumbash.

And Murphy's law still applies just a bit later, with interest. Everything is normal

Comments

I feel bad for the piece of toast. It narrowly escaped death, only to be suffocated minutes later. It just wasn't meant to be. I hope your next piece of toast fairs better.

Marcella1016 31

Who cares if OP smokes? I swear this generation is so effing judgmental. Unless someone is blowing it in your face, butt out of their life. Yes, pun intended.

but if OP didn't smoke, this wouldn't have happened. so yes, this was a YDI.

Marcella1016 31

By that logic, every FML is a YDI. Most FMLs wouldn't have happened if the OP hadn't taken some action or didn't exist -_- But because OP is a smoker, they deserve to have their toast ruined? I bet you eat fatty foods and drink soda. Those are unhealthy choices, too. Do you deserve bad shit happening to you? I thought not. Individuals make their own choices on how to live their own lives, and if they're not hurting other people, what they choose to do shouldn't matter to you. I stand by what I said: stop judging smokers. It's great that *you* choose to live a relatively healthier, smoke-free life, but don't look down on those who choose to indulge.

50 you seem to be a special kind of stupid, OP could have a roommate.

i smoke. does my toast deserve to suffer for it? no it is a toast. toast is good, sent down from heaven to dry out our breakfast so that wemay remember to drink our orange juice, butonly because the coffee is too hot and the waitress didnt leave room for cream to cool it down a bit. this will bereflected in your tip... toast the only way wecan eat more butter than needed without looking like a breakfast pig. with that being said, let us take a moment of silence to honor not just this toasted ash, but all the toast that fell jelly side up and still didnt even have a chance.

I don't smoke, but honestly the anti-Smokers attitude has gone too far. I don't say anti-Smoking, I say anti-Smokers, because for some reason many people attack smoking as a major character flaw in a person, which is going overboard.

Exactly. I hate that my family smokes, but that's between them and me, not some ******* strangers on the Internet.

Murphy's law: If something can go wrong it will, if many things go wrong the worst possible thing will happen.

Yeah I was gonna say they proved Murphys law, not disproved it

I think OP meant Murphy's law didn't check out with their toast not falling on the side the jam was on. Hence the "however" in the FML.

Mathalamus 24

Ew. I don't care if you smoke, but why do you have an astray anywhere near food? Unless you are washing it, I'd keep it far away.

ehcanadianeh 15

Smoking does more than kill you. It ruins your life

sounds like you just had fun playing "I am bread"

It's just toast.. Make another piece within 2 minutes..

People are still dumb enough to smoke? I didn't realize that was still a thing.

Never said OP smokes, and so what if they did? Their life, their body, their choice.