By SummerJob - 06/09/2012 16:51

Today, it's day two of my two-month summer job on a Mediterranean cruise ship. I'm incredibly seasick, and the ship is still docked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 016
You deserved it 4 774

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GuessWhatKids 13

How did you not know that you get seasick that easily...

solosohigh 15

why would you get a job on a cruise ship if you get sea sick? unless you didn't know. you could always call in (sea) sick and slip off the boat...

Comments

GuessWhatKids 13

How did you not know that you get seasick that easily...

Hiimhaileypotter 52

They may have never gotten on a ship or anything before.

Can't you get over sea sickness if you spend enough time on a boat? Correct me if I'm wrong I've heard that you can get over it but have never known for sure

Or if she did know. Why would she accept a job on a ship if she gets seasick?

My friend had no idea he got seasick until we went on a cruise. Sorry I feel bad for you op.

Just relax, don't panic, and watch Titanic :)

When you disembark it will get better the stabilizers kick in.

30- I see what you did there. Laughed out loud.

GuessWhatKids 13

18 - So they got a job on a boat??

Eat afew green apples while youre out there. Sounds crazy but it actually does work. Cant remember what exactly it is thats in them. But it definately does help for calming sea sickness.

Yea seasixkness (if I remember right) is caused by being unable to adjust your balance to the constant motion, so eventually by spending time in a boat you should be able to adjust and feel better

Sounds like you'll have a whale of a time ;D Lol, no but really sorry for you op ;P

Dramamine my friend ;) (it helps you not get sea sick, but it makes you sleepy so be careful)

solosohigh 15

why would you get a job on a cruise ship if you get sea sick? unless you didn't know. you could always call in (sea) sick and slip off the boat...

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

I'll take that job off your hands, OP. It seems awesome.

If it's still docked ask to get off? Or a refund or both! Edit: I didn't read the part about the job sorry op ask to get transferred

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

Either way, I'm pretty positive they wouldn't give people a refund every time someone got sea sick. They do hand out complimentary nausea pills though!

Why did you sign up for that? either you already knew that about yourself, or you've never been on a ship. Neither seems good

Not everyone gets on ships much lately. I don't really blame OP, it's got to suck since it's only Day 2.

Why would you pick that job in the first place.. YDI.

Fishinaddict22 1

Someone told them about the amount of ass you can get working cruise ships. It's ridiculous, you'd be surprised how many single's take trips and are just looking to get laid. However in OP's situation that might not be the best idea if you're already sick. Keep looking at the horizon.

She probably just found out she's seasick.

Maybe OP has never been to the Mediterranean and wanted to discover that beautiful part of the world. And as people said before OP may not have known about being seasick-prone.

cash_monkey72 9

It might wear off... Or you might fall off.

If it makes you feel any better, seasickness does go away as you get used to being on ship. In the meantime, keep some sickbags on you, and if you have no sickbags, head for the linoleum. It's easier to clean it up than if you puke on carpet.