By Tanya - 13/08/2018 00:30 - United Kingdom - Wakefield

Today I woke up, had sex with my husband, made breakfast with my kids, had coffee with my mum and sister, and took a call from my boss reminding me I'd agreed to come in today for a few hours for an important meeting. I got suspended without pay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 515
You deserved it 1 246

Top comments

that seems rather harsh of your boss. If you wouldn't normally come in, then it is an easy mistake to make

sbjess 8

On a bright note, more time for sex?

Comments

that seems rather harsh of your boss. If you wouldn't normally come in, then it is an easy mistake to make

That all depends on how important said meeting was, because if it involved clients that are working with the company, and OP's boss has people missing (because OP's boss is taking her word that she'll be there, and hasn't received word to the contrary in order to have someone else fill in), it reflects VERY badly on him/her as a leader. Do we make mistakes? Of course! We're all only human after all. Does that absolve us of said mistakes? Not quite. Don't get me wrong, I feel for OP, because we all know it wasn't intentional, but sometimes that doesn't cut it.

sbjess 8

On a bright note, more time for sex?

The first part of this post seems unnecessary

bl3ur0z3 17

No, it's not unnecessary. She's describing how he absolutely perfect day, which in sure is rare, came crashing down.

FishyFishy 12

Well, you had an exciting day!

At least you crushed your sales goals, if you know what I mean ;)

Mungolikecandy 19

Suspending you without pay with no warning and if there was not a pattern of such behaviour is very probably an illegal action under U.K. law.

Well that was a good day till work,I'd file a complaint with HR or whoever you need too.

Depending on your past behavior at work, this punishment is either apt, or over the top. You should have made more than a mental note that you agreed to attend this meeting. Your boss wouldn't have asked for you if they didn't need you there.

Well that escalated quickly. Still, if you'd agreed to do it, there's this awesome thing called a calendar... most phones have one built-in with a reminder notification sound. Or you can go old-school and use a paper wall calendar. Or leave a note on the fridge. There were steps you could have taken to avoided the situation.