By (L) - 13/02/2018 09:00 - United States - Athens

Today, I was studying in my university library when I noticed an attractive boy sitting alone four tables ahead of me. I wrote down my phone number, scrunched it into a ball, and threw it at him. He looked up, opened it, scrunched it up, and threw it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 784
You deserved it 3 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for throwing paper at someone. I wouldn't be happy about that either. Just go over and talk to him. Or go by and but a sheet of paper next to him on the table while passing him if you are to shy. I can totally understand that he didn't appreciate paper being thrown at him!!

Your intent was cute. Your execution was misinterpreted. Better luck next time OP :)

Comments

Your intent was cute. Your execution was misinterpreted. Better luck next time OP :)

YDI for throwing paper at someone. I wouldn't be happy about that either. Just go over and talk to him. Or go by and but a sheet of paper next to him on the table while passing him if you are to shy. I can totally understand that he didn't appreciate paper being thrown at him!!

Or let the poor guy study. That's why people go to libraries: to study in silence.

Looks like your gaydar needs to be recalibrated.

I guess the old throwing a wad of paper with your phone number on it trick wasn't good enough. You could always try escalating to see if that gets his attention. A good starting point would be to show up at his house at three in the morning completely naked and covered in body glitter.

Well if you're going to treat your phone number like trash, it only makes sense that it got thrown back at you.

Why didn't you write a nice note with your number (maybe explaining that you didn't want to talk in a library), get up, walk over, and give the note to him? But hey, it could have been worse. You could have hit someone you don't like.

Let the poor guy study. That's why people go to libraries: to study in silence.

I mean, you could've introduced yourself first.

Let the poor guy study. That's why people go to libraries: to study in silence.

I can’t understand what went wrong. This used to work in middle school.

unintended_consequence 5

You accidentally threw your reminder to get Tampons at him

Don't litter. Just because you don't want the number doesn't mean anyone else does.