By Anonymous - 18/03/2018 15:00

Today, as I was perusing old photos with my mother, I found one of her with a "childhood friend" at her wedding to my dad. Now I know where my green eyes and blotchy neck birthmark came from, and it's not from the man I’ve been calling "dad" for 40 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 850
You deserved it 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'Childhood friend', more like 'Childmaking friend'

Wow. Please confront your parents about this and tell us what happened.

Comments

Wow. Please confront your parents about this and tell us what happened.

'Childhood friend', more like 'Childmaking friend'

Mechakitty 13

well if the similarities are that noticeable, it's obvious that your step father loves you as his own.

that's a really sweet response. thank you for brightening this teasers day :-)

Maybe there wasn't even an affair. Maybe OP's dad couldn't have kids of his own so he and his wife asked the wife's friend to be a sperm donor.

You ought to hit up the “childhood friend” for back child support. Maybe you can get that neck blotch fixed!

When you speak to your mom's 'friend' ask "Are you my daddy" (in the voice of Nemo) He may answer in return: "Look, I'm your father".

Sosorry OP. My older sister is going through this exact thing right now. she turned 41 last year and decided to do the Ancestry DNA test. learning that "our father" is actually just MY father. Our mom has been confronted with the dna testing results for 5 family members and she still refuses to admit what she did.(Good news is we did find my sisters biological father)

maikeru1979 , so all said FIVE family members have a different biological father then presumed heretofore?

Your sister has a neck blotch too? Tell her FYL from us.

I know i wasn't really descriptive in my first post. the 5 family members were Me, My sister, niece(sister's daughter), and 2 cousins from Father's side of family. So yes technically we do all have different fathers. my sister, her daughter, and me share my mothers family but my sister and her daughter had no DNA in common with any member of my fathers side of the family..

Jonathan Curtis Atkins 9

A 'Dad' is more than a sperm provider. Thank your Dad of 40 years for being your Dad. Some kids never have one at all.

Donut_Wizard 23

Jeez. It’s freaking soap opera month on FML.

tounces7 27

I mean, your dad is still your dad. Says a whole lot about your mom though.

The friend could be a sperm donor tho. Maybe her husband is infertile and they asked someone close to them for donation.