By Female - 29/09/2016 03:26 - United States - Montebello

Today, I was excited to finally get an interview after being unemployed since getting out of the military nearly a year ago. Turns out, they weren't even interested in hiring me. They'd just never met a female Marine before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 461
You deserved it 820

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jeez, that's terrible. What were they planning on doing? Stare at you, say "wow, a female marine, it really is true" and send you on your way? I'm sorry to hear, OP. I'm sure you'll find a good job soon. For all it's worth, thank you for your service.

Comments

Well that sucks. But kudos to you for being a Marine! I've heard the training for that is incredibly difficult, so it stands to your credit that you made it in.

Jeez, that's terrible. What were they planning on doing? Stare at you, say "wow, a female marine, it really is true" and send you on your way? I'm sorry to hear, OP. I'm sure you'll find a good job soon. For all it's worth, thank you for your service.

I'm getting out the military soon as well look into linkedln it's basically like the fb of job applications good luck op and thank you for your service

should have kicked there butts, you have the training for it

I actually like this idea, too bad that the consequences wouldn't be worth it.

mrswombat 16

Apply for a post office position! Veteran candidates are hired over any other applicant!

Steve95401 49

Not just the Postal Service, but Veterans can get preference for lots of civil service positions. Good luck OP.

After my medical discharge I was told to try contracting for private company's you might want to try that.