By tool - 09/04/2009 06:03 - United States

Today, I was bored at my job at Home Depot. I got a bar code tattoo 3 weeks ago and thought it would be funny to scan it. I'm a $5.98 160z claw hammer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 905
You deserved it 143 177

Same thing different taste

Top comments

scott1494 0

haaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!! Talk about being a tool!!!!!

Tucatz 0

Could be worse- at the grocery store you might be a $0.69 can of green beans. And at the drugstore you could be Preparation H. In fact, that should be your new goal- to go around and find out what you are at various stores.

Comments

That's actually kind of awesome that it scanned. Must be a well-done, if kind of weird, tattoo.

Actually pretty much every barcode used on products is unique. As in - by the barcode alone it is possible to find out what an object is, where it is produced, by what company etc. So theoretically, it should be the same thing in whichever store. Or even more likely (this is what i'd actually expect) simply come up as an invalid code, because it is impossible to tattoo them accurately enough to be scanned properly. So it was either a faulty or some weird best-effort scanner or a fake FML.

Nice, #3. YDI for getting a damn barcode tattoo..

I call fake on this... What are the chances that you have the same exact barcode as a product in the store. The ONLY way that would be possible is if you went on the internet, found a random barcode and the tattooist was able to copy the thickness and exact lines of the barcode. If they missed one thin lie or substituted it wouldn't work. Sorry I just highly doubt the probability that you had a tattoo that was 100% perfect for an item in the store.

yeah, i agree, sounds fake. would have to be so dead on to work right.

AngryAtheist20 0

If someone asks, you can just say you're carrying a hammer in your pants. What a tool.

ihatestupidpeopl_fml 0

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT! WHY THE **** DID YOU POST THIS. WHAT DID YOU THINK THIS POST WOULD ACCOMPLISH??? DID YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO THINK YOUR LIFE IS ******??? THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT AN FML...THIS IS OMG I REALLY NEED ATTENTION, SO I'M GONNA POST THIS STUPID STORY, AND HOPE I BORE THE READERS TO DEATH, ******!

How the hell did this get accepted? This is retarded on top of fake.