By Anonymous - 07/08/2017 05:00

Today, I traveled to my hometown for a funeral. I'm staying with my family in the house I grew up in. My dad told me they'd "completely renovated" the house. There's still only one bathroom for the seven of us and I'm sleeping on the floor for the entire two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 147
You deserved it 417

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Two weeks for a funeral?!?!? Are they burying the poor bastard piece by piece?

if it's that big of a deal, get a hotel or stay elsewhere. you're parents probably didn't renovate with intent of having all their kids back home.

Comments

Lobby_Bee 17

You've survived before, you'll survive again. You don't live there anymore so it's only a minor inconvenience for a couple days. Time to put on your big boy pants.

FMLreally?getoverit 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

My brother is lactose intolerant and loves to eat dairy. OP can complain about only having one bathroom. Sometime, you really need an extra toilet.

Two weeks for a funeral?!?!? Are they burying the poor bastard piece by piece?

Rachael Ferguson 10

What a shitty thing to say. It could be a funeral for a family member, in which case they may be there to help plan the funeral & be there to assist the grieving family in the aftermath of it. Have some respect, will you?

FMLreally?getoverit 7

The only shitty thing said here is OP bitching about their family like some entitled brat when they should be grieving and/or supporting grieving family/friends. If you don't want to stay on a floor and share a bathroom for 2 weeks don't stay for 2 weeks. Bet they'll stick around for the will reading though.

14 days is a long time to have to sleep on the floor. My back hurts just thinking about it.

if it's that big of a deal, get a hotel or stay elsewhere. you're parents probably didn't renovate with intent of having all their kids back home.

What's up with these double FML's lately, I've seen this one before, some others as well..

ArbiterOfFML 24

Get around the campfire and sing the campfire song.

There are so many solutions to this issue. 1, don't stay for 2 weeks. Funerals/ viewings rarely last longer than a couple of days. 2. Stay in a hotel, motel, extended stay, air b & b, a friends house, or rent a mobile home.

PoundTheDonut 8

Enjoy the newly-painted ceiling.