By anonymous - 04/04/2013 22:52 - United States - Spring Valley

Today, I picked my 12-year-old daughter up from school after her first sexual education lecture. She burst into tears on the way home explaining her fears of being pregnant with her boyfriend's child. As if that doesn't sound bad enough, I've met her boyfriend before. He is imaginary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 737
You deserved it 4 182

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Be proud she isn't having sex with a real one!

Airman1988 9

Well her imaginary boyfriend better man up and take care of that imaginary baby. God forbid he deny it then you would have to take her on imaginary Maury and get an imaginary DNA test...

Comments

Be proud she isn't having sex with a real one!

It's sad that having a sexually inactive pre-teen is actually something for a parent to be proud of these days...

I'm more worried about what sex ed thought her...

When in the past would a parent ever be proud of having a sexually active pre-teen

There are way to many dumb people having sex now a days without thinking... I know 4 yes 4 people I've known since middle school pregnant and I'm only 16.

1- More like be Relieved, as some kids are losing their virginity that young. ;p And honestly, correcting a girl who Thinks she can be pregnant with an imaginary friend, is rather easier than dealing with a girl who got pregnant with a real one. A second helping of sex ed to table one, please. :P

dontyawishyaknew 12

Am I the only one that thinks maybe her boyfriend is real and OP just thinks he's imaginary? It would be worth looking into anyway.

Actually, I'm just hoping that said boyfriend is imaginary and that it's good she is still young enough to be able to use her imagination. Most kids her age are so glued to other things, such as sex, that they forget to use their imagination and creativity. It's "not cool" to go outside and play pretend at that age now.

or it could be some weird paranormal activity shit..

Really? At 12? Im 16 and cant get laid... Maybe I should try a 12 year old! Im joking of course but still

OneLittleAdditio 9

well at least you only have the problem of her imagining this. it can be fixed. if she were pregnant with a real bf. well thats not as easy to deal with. :/

I guess I'm the only one that would be more concerned if she's having sex with the imaginary boyfriend... Then come the therapy sessions...

plum_lovin 28

Lets just hope she doesn't replace the imaginary one for a real one..

Moonfae 4

yea seriously, that was my first thought . What if her imaginary boyfriend isn't so imaginary anymore.

I can't imagine why she would think that.

NickaPLZ 26

Probably her real friends. I learned 75% of what I know about sex before the 6th grade. And most of it turned out to be correct.

I think he was trying to be punny...

One_In_Three 24

Schizophrenia is one hell of a drug!

StarThrower 17

Buy her a good age-approriate book that explains things objectively and in a clearer way. Welcome question. And for God's sake, keep her away from trying to find the answers on the Internet!

Don't just pick up a random book! Read any literature you're thinking of giving her first from cover to cover! Oftentimes, literature explaining sexual matters just confuse kids even more. Be sure that the kid won't get more confused after reading it.

How about a pop-up book of human anatomy?

Overatedlife_fml 5

she's having imaginary sex I'm guessing

She's obviously not JUST masturbating - you need something from BOTH genders to get imaginary pregnant! Guess not everyone managed to make it to 'the talk'?

And like most guys, he was only wearing an imaginary condom

Airman1988 9

Well her imaginary boyfriend better man up and take care of that imaginary baby. God forbid he deny it then you would have to take her on imaginary Maury and get an imaginary DNA test...

Let's not forget that imaginary child support!

Airman1988 9

Indeed just wait until his imaginary parents find out!

Seems like she'll soon be taking his imaginary paychecks.

ElementaryEdGuy 18

I would watch the crap out of that episode of Maury.

Bubble buddy anyone? How about bubble condoms for him

Better that than a positive pregnanxy test haha your daughter sounds sweet!