By Anonymous - 03/12/2013 00:56 - Mexico - Distrito Federal

Today, I opened my heart to my father-in-law, telling him how he was a very good example for us and how his name would be great for our first born son, he interrupted, saying, "Cut the cheesy crap, now." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 762
You deserved it 6 213

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry OP, he really appreciates it, but maybe he's too shy to actually share his actual emotions? Good thought, though. :)

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Somuchart 3

Joking? If he's been a good example in the past, then one thing shouldn't change your mind.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You refuted his one example, but his point still stands. Fine, what if you found out that he's a current member of the KKK? (As far as it being a turn off, though; I don't think you should be turned on by your father in law in the first place...)

I wouldn't take that comment personally, he probably just said that because he didn't want to get emotional and feel awkward or he was probably just joking.

False, his father in law eats only nails for breakfast and instead of milk he uses the tears from his in-laws!

In-laws are so much fun, aren't they? At least you were being honest, even if he doesn't think so.

Or the father knows himself, and OP was just sucking up to him

Don't worry OP, he really appreciates it, but maybe he's too shy to actually share his actual emotions? Good thought, though. :)

And the father of the year award goes to....

Just stop. That "_____ of the year goes to..." is so old.

PattonGilette2 18

the expression. To OP, he was one thing, but later showed his other side.

If he is a great example then maybe this shouldn't be too much of a problem ?

And THAT'S why you love him. He's so frank yet charming. :)

DKjazz 20

Some people have trouble dealing with strong emotion, or put on a tough face by cursing. I'm sure he's honored.