By jevoulaisfaireserieux - 27/05/2014 01:21 - Republic of Ecuador - Bah

Today, I’m on vacation in Ecuador in a small youth hostel. My Skype interview for a prestigious marketing Masters would have been perfect if a hippie hadn’t come near me to play the ukulele while smoking a joint. FML
I agree, your life sucks 617
You deserved it 107

Top comments

"Exuse me for a moment." *Punches Hippie* "So I deserve this masters because...

I'd say YDI. If the interview was that important, you probably should have found a very private place. I hope the hippie at least sang your praises while playing the ukulele. It's common courtesy.

Comments

"Exuse me for a moment." *Punches Hippie* "So I deserve this masters because...

Because I need to learn how to market cigarettes when I go to jail for assault.

I'd say YDI. If the interview was that important, you probably should have found a very private place. I hope the hippie at least sang your praises while playing the ukulele. It's common courtesy.

And I still keep clicking "glad it didn't happen to me" out of habit. No, I don't care about that - I just want to say YDI!

Lct1196 31

I've stayed in hostels a bunch of times, and usually there aren't a whole lot of private places to stay in.

wont it work if you just apologized and told them that youbl are in a vacation to ecuador in a youth hostel?

I'm sure your smoking performance left you high on their list.

Explain your circumstances OP, just say you're in a youth hostel. Next time, be sure to find a more private place..

explaining your circumstances won't help. you showed up to your interview wearing sweats. it clearly wasn't important enough for you. also, if you are in a youth hostel, you're the hippie.

The FML said nothing about the OP wearing sweats to the interview. So I have no idea where you got that from. Also, not everyone has the money to spend hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars on a hotel/resort for their vacation. Hostels tend to be cheap, easy, and their more communal environment allows you to meet nice people sometimes. So don't be so judgemental, the OP staying in a youth hostel could be for many reasons other than they're a hippie. Even still though, what's wrong with being a hippie?

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much. The interruption is probably less important than how you reacted to it. If you kept your cool and stayed professional that will reflect well on you. Plus one of the biggest risks in interviewing for a position with lots of applicants is them not remembering you so you don't have to worry about that for this one! Also to everyone saying get a private space the last time I was in central America people didn't just have the internet and WiFi in their houses or stores. A few hotels did and other than that you went to an internet cafe. Depending on where OP is a private spot may not have been an option.

Do you think it would be easy to forget an applicant who had a hippie in the background playing a ukelele and smoking a joint? :)

Should have used some deodorant, apparently it is like pepper spray for hippies XD

With some luck, you will be selected because your interview will be the only one they remember. When you go to your second interview, there will be two or three coworkers playing ukulele and smoking make-believe joints behind the guy who will tell you "You're hired!".

Where is the ydi button when you need it?