By Anonymous - 09/06/2017 21:00 - Argentina

Today, I'm mourning the rabbit I've had since I was a child. I adopted him just after he was born and we've been very attached ever since. When I came home from school, I could smell a what I thought was a chicken roasting in the oven. But after I finished my dinner plate, my parents asked me if I had liked the rabbit. Yep, my rabbit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 234
You deserved it 387

Top comments

Whispra 5

What the hell is wrong with your family?

I'm so sorry, dude. When my mom and my aunts were all kids, my great aunt did this exact same kind of thing to them. I'll bet they are just as horrified as you were.

Comments

I'm so sorry, dude. When my mom and my aunts were all kids, my great aunt did this exact same kind of thing to them. I'll bet they are just as horrified as you were.

Awful, isn't it? My grandfather did this to my father. It wasn't even some sick punishment; he simply didn't care that the rabbit was little Billy's pet. It's hard to imagine parents this loathsome, but they're out there. So sorry, OP.

Whispra 5

What the hell is wrong with your family?

Mojayokok 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Because somethkng like this is that unbelievable? What's unbelievable is how stupid you are to think this couldn't possibly be real. **** you.

AGiftForAnya 8

Exactly. In fact this fml is a very popular song in the Netherlands by comedian Youp van het Hek. He wakes up on Christmas day 1961, as a little boy, to find his rabbit gone. That evening his father reveals that he killed the rabbit. That night, the little boy retaliates by killing his father. Obv that part isn't part of this story

You'don't be surprised. My ex-husband and I were farmers and one of our chickens was born with angel wing so she could neither be bred or shown so I kept her as a pet until I came home to her butchered one day. I didn't eat any of the chickens for a good 4 months to avoid eating my poor bird. Last year after a week long visit with him, my daughter came home crying that her pet rabbit was cooked up, and then a few months after that it was her pet duck.

Lol I definitely meant you'd but my phone did it's own thing. It's a deformity causing the wing to twist slightly and it made her feathers all wonky.

When I visited Peru, it was very common for people to raise Guinea pigs in their households for future meals. They let them run around the kitchen, squeaking all day, and then scoop one up when it was time for dinner. A lot of Latin American parents feel entitled to cooks animals raised with the family. They may not have fully appreciated this one's sentimental value.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
independent minded 3

Raising rabbits and chickens or whatever solely for the purpose of cooking them for meals is one thing. Deliberately and knowingly killing a person's cherished pet and cooking it up for a meal is a whole other matter. It's vile, vicious and disgusting. Something's wrong with the family of the OP that they killed and cooked up her pet rabbit for dinner. They should be in jail, or be made to pay a fine by the SPCA.

dope_mcfly 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Rabbits are whatever the OWNER decides them to be. In this case, his parents are pet killers.

dope_mcfly 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Dumbass, OP said, "I adopted him after he was born", not "My parents bought him for me". It's possible that he got him from a litter.

Ok, I see that part about being a child. But you don't do that to your kid's pet.

HanBanana15 9

That's so disgusting of your family, OP. I can't believe they would kill your pet and not tell you until after you ate it. Meat rabbits are so different than domesticated rabbits anyway.

This reminds me of the Dutch Christmas song about Flappie where a child's beloved pet bunny goes missing and his father serves Flappie for Christmas dinner. This is wrong on so many levels. This bunny was a pet. You don't cook someone's pet.

AGiftForAnya 8

But then he kills his father in retaliation.

I know, but I didn't want to give OP any ideas they might regret later.

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

normally I'd applaud the puns, but this FML is too serious and horrible for them I think.

CrazyTrainWreck 19

It's never the wrong time for puns. Your opinion is noted but not valid.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
CrazyTrainWreck 19
Elemor 14

There are a lot of mean people in the world, in case you haven't noticed.

Holy hell man. That's seriously messed up! I'm so so sorry

imsosorry189 1

I read the thing, felt awful then accidentally hit ydi instead of yls. I am so sorry.