By Anonymous - 01/01/2009 15:38 - France

Today, I'm a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. On new years, my mom called and asked what kind of champagne I want. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 333
You deserved it 3 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And if your response is to post it on FML, then you're doing a pretty good job at the recovery part ;).

Comments

And if your response is to post it on FML, then you're doing a pretty good job at the recovery part ;).

Wow, how inconsiderate! I'm sure she realized what she'd said as soon as she hung up though. If she knew about FML.com, she'd probably have put that story on here immediately. I hope the recovery's still going well. You are amazingly determined to even have gotten this far! Stay Strong :)

karelmart12 0

Your mother fails at life and that's why your life turned out that way. FYL. Twice.

Wow, what a typical self-centered alcoholic. POOR ME, don't these people know WHAT IT'S LIKE. Why can't they just READ MY MIND and TIPTOE AROUND ME. Why don't you work a ******* step, and do your whining in a notebook instead of expecting the whole world to change in order for you to stay sober.

skullbashd 3

your a douche e probaly already told his mom and she didn't care that why she called for champagne

you are a complete asshole who probably doesn't know what you're talking about

is isn't exactly easy for alcoholics to recover and not every alcoholic deserves being looked down on. some people lack control, and for any alcoholic to go sober is a commendable achievement. the temptation and insensitivity his mother offered, knowingly or not, would be a difficult obstacle for him emotionally. learn to think about how others feel before dumping self righteous judgement on them.

MrSmOkEwEeD451 2

#7 - You are the scum of the Earth!

#7 and 8 you two are fickin asshats who have probaly never drank or smoked before and have no ******* idea what your talking about an addiction is a VERY difficult thing to get over no matter what its to

-7-8 Okay you dumb mother ****** Go take a gun and shoot yourself in the ******* head, your a douche bag. Sure you have the right to your option. Sorry to say your option is ******* retarded. Go die

toughchick14 15

You don't have to be such an asshole OP is going through a hard time!

thank you #7, boo hoo you sad recovered druggy, stop bitching and go to an AA meeting, which is your new addiction

God damn, some people on this site are idiots.

easylazy 0

I'm not addicting to that crap anymore-- its smoking for me

YDI for being a druggie. Atleast you wern't a women, because on New Years all you would be doing is CLEANING THE DISHES. THATS THEIR JOB. DON'T INTERUPT WHEN THEY'RE CLEANING OR THEY WILL NAG YOU.

7 8 and 11 are bitches. obviously you've got no ******* clue what you're talking about. Addiction isn't a choice it's an illness and if this persons family understood this they would be more supportive. and yes they shouldn't drink around their recovering family member especially if the choice to quit was recent. congratulations on giving up your vices and i hope you can stay strong. it's a long hard road.

#12 you pathetic moron. The only one to blame is the addicted person him/herself. Addiction IS A CHOICE. If you don't have enough willpower to stop drinking then you deserve to suffer the consequences. And **** all those alcoholics who think the world will bend over backwards just so you can avoid temptation. Grow some ******* balls and don't drink. Bunch of *******.

Bl0OdYShAdOw 0

So your saying you've never had a drink in your life? Doubt it.

cryssycakesx3 22

as someone with I drug problem I have to agree with #13. if you have to be sheltered, you aren't recovered.

maddiey2014 0

dang I would be all like f**** the champagne I want baileys man and some Malibu and smeernoff too LMFAO