By MommyLovesMe - 08/03/2011 15:21 - United States

Today, I learned why my credit score is so low. My mom stole my identity almost three years ago. Her excuse? "You didn't need good credit for anything anyways". FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 700
You deserved it 3 344

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow.....what a bitch. Turn her in, you need good credit these days!!!

You know that you're on the hook to repay the debts your Mom ran up under your name, don't you? Even if you aren't sued for repayment and/or choose not to pay off the debts, your credit will be trashed for 10 years. This will affect nearly everything you need/want: college loans, apartment rental, car loan, mortgage, JOB (many employers check credit before deciding to hire). The only way to restore your good credit it is to file an identity theft report with the police, then go about cleaning up the mess your Mom left you.

Comments

wow.....what a bitch. Turn her in, you need good credit these days!!!

rallets 22

shoulda gone to free credit report dot com you woulda seen this coming at you like an atom bomb they monitor your credit and send you email alerts so you dont end up selling fish to tourists in tshirts yee-haw!!!

seriously turn her in! u need credit for everything! keep it good and u won't have to worry.

jrsgreenfire257 0

253 people dont know what credit us xD

You know that you're on the hook to repay the debts your Mom ran up under your name, don't you? Even if you aren't sued for repayment and/or choose not to pay off the debts, your credit will be trashed for 10 years. This will affect nearly everything you need/want: college loans, apartment rental, car loan, mortgage, JOB (many employers check credit before deciding to hire). The only way to restore your good credit it is to file an identity theft report with the police, then go about cleaning up the mess your Mom left you.

youfailed18 0

She needs your good credit because hers was already shot. You should turn her in.

What a nice Mom you have there. I would make her pat everything off, and if she refuses, turn her in.

Well if you can't get any compensation from her, deal with it the american way ... SUE

She needs to take some sort of legal action.

So you would let someone walk all over you?!?!

Turn her into the police. She obviously doesn't care about you that much.

Really? Wow...your mother is a bitch.

Whether she's willing to pay up or not, the only way to reverse the damage is to report the identity theft. Paying everything off in one go will prevent further damage to your credit, but everything she did will stay on your report for the next 10 years if you don't report her.

mariet_fml 23

There's a depressingly large number of FMLs about parents stealing money and identities. One of my friends went to apply for her first credit card when she turned eighteen, was immediately denied. Turns out her mom had been using her daughter's identity for nearly ten years.