By Anonymous - 09/08/2011 12:55 - United States

Today, I held an open house. Not wanting anything to be stolen I loaded up all valuables in my car (money, prescriptions, computer, iPod, etc) and went out. My car got stolen. Nobody came to the open house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 271
You deserved it 12 446

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let me guess, you loaded them in the car in such a way that everything was visible from outside of the car.

lilxsexii 4

Someone did go! but saw your car and thought it was better.

Comments

That sucks! FYL:( technically someone came...

So...you packed all of the valuables into a single, easily portable location (your car). I assume your car keys remained where you always keep them? Like, on a hook near the car? Or in the drawer in your kitchen? YDI - you made it very easy for everything of value to you to be stolen.

I thought the ignition was a great place to hide your keys!

how could you be on FML if your computer got stolen?

@27: Ever hear of smartphones? Libraries? Internet cafes? Friends with computers? Seriously, it's not like getting on the Internet is HARD these days.

They don't need the keys if they can hot wire it, I think that's what it's called...

Car is the worst place to hide valuables. Take the car next time haha. Fyl

Pixxio_O 11

You should've hid your car too...

tybtab 5

YDI for having an open house

blitz426 0

obviously someone went to it. they came an took ur car

lilxsexii 4

Someone did go! but saw your car and thought it was better.

No OP should've put their Bengal Tiger in the car too, that likely would've scared off robbers and have the house a more inviting appearance. win win. (provided OP had a Bengal tiger)

daysgoby902 6

im gonna call B.S on this story. if you had all of your valuables moved from your house to your car i dont think you would let anything happen them.

hi358 6

This doesn't make sense, because op said they went out, so if someone came by the house, the car wouldn't be there...

andee_elizabeth 4

that stinks :/ shoulda left it all in the house

Why didn't you put your car in your garage? Or if you didn't have one, why weren't you paying attention to the car?

Let me guess, you loaded them in the car in such a way that everything was visible from outside of the car.

Well it's not like people can SEE into cars! Oh wait...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
brah89 0

Actually, everything was in my trunk. It was just pure chance that it got stolen. Almost like winning the lottery... Only not as exciting.

Still I bet you someone saw you put the valuables in your car.

If there was ever a time to lock your car, that would have been it.

reallytho3 11

Good luck with WHAT exactly? Did I miss something?

mate read the username... click the thumbs down button and move on...

Good luck with getting the car back, selling the house, etc... Not sure why that's confusing, sorry :P

First time I saw I iz b a troll with thumbs down :O

201Blackhawk 0

So Gayboii is better? What the **** kinda thinking is that?