By Kybo5 - 08/02/2013 05:45 - United States - Elk Grove

Today, I had a ride along in an ambulance. Being observant, I thought it was funny that a patient had to vomit. That was until I realized they couldn't control where they had to vomit. I spent the rest of the ambulance ride holding a vomit bag in front of the woman's face. Not so funny anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 891
You deserved it 56 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not quite sure how someone needing to vomit is funny...

Comments

Not quite sure how someone needing to vomit is funny...

oj101 33

Schadenfreude. Much more people out there have it than you think. You'd be surprised.

Wishez 12

Also, I wouldn't call it funny if someone is being taken away in an ambulance.

You are a horrible person for thinking that. :(

Not funny at all..ydi, just be glad you weren't the one needing to vomit..

Atchoo 8

Especially when that person is a patient riding in an ambulance.....

unknown_user5566 26

There's one instance where I found it funny... the one episode of Family Guy where Stewie, Peter, Brian and Chris drank some nasty medicine and just puked continuously for like 30 seconds. Granted that's a cartoon, but technically, it can be funny sometimes. :P I was about to say that OP deserves it for taking pleasure in other people's pain, until I realized that's what we all do by coming to this website. Woops.

Wonder if OP would have found it funny if the woman puked on him. That, I would have enjoyed hearing about.

Your a rider bottom of the pyramid what I have to do.

tjv3 10

YDI for thinking that a sick person is funny

Someone vomiting means something is wrong, that's not funny, especially in a bloody ambulance! #1 is right, it's not funny and I hope you have a massive dick to match your personality

Caitlin72 5

Why would you think someone vomitting was funny?

oj101 33

Randomness is not everyone's cup of toaster.

ant1ion 12

#9 I just saw a picture with that exact caption elsewhere. It was about a maths question or something... What a coincidence.

it is all over the internet...holy shit, thats where they got it from, no coincidence....

BeforeItWasCool 12

Does it really take that much observation to notice someone throwing up?

No, but it does take a special breed of human being to be amused by it.

Why does being observant mean it's funny for you that they vomit? Being observant, though, I see an onslaught of "karma" comments coming, and I just want to say, karma aside, it serves you right. Not just trying to be holier-than-thou by that, just sincere; it'll teach you to put yourselves in their shoes. If you didn't enjoy the situation, chances are they hated it even more so. Emapthise a little and maybe you could be spared a few moments like this.

I completely agree. Any field where you work with patients, you need to learn how to empathize with them. I just really hope that OP did not laugh out loud in front of the patient.

If you think it's funny that someone needs to throw up, then you deserve holding the bag for that person to throw up in, and you are far too immature to ride in an ambulance to "observe" anything. How would you like to have been that lady and see someone else trying not to laugh at your ailments?

Thats what you get for thinking its funny, surely you need to be professional?

I'm guessing OP is in their early teens and their parent was working in the ambulance. Or something similar. At least hopefully OP is not a medical professional, that'd be awful.

Hopefully but to me seems like op is attendent -.-

ketchuplover 7

YDI for thinking it was funny. Grow up!

Welcome to the world of being an EMT. I have patients throw up all the time