By Anonymous - 22/06/2009 16:18 - United States

Today, I had a job interview with a person named Chris. The entire time I couldn't figure out if Chris was a man or woman. The interview went as good as it could have went. At the end I said, "Thank you very much sir." Wrong gender. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 418
You deserved it 18 967

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well u should have said "thank u very much" and not sir

Comments

009yp 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

STFU NOBODY CARES IF YOUR FIRST OR LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And couldn't you tell from the voice? There had to be something that made you realize their gender... But FYL

easylazy 0

So big deal lots of people call women "sir" it's not THAT impolite that you wouldn't get a job that you are qualified for FHL for looking like a transvestite

maybe she was a transvestite... if you went through the whole interview and still didn't know, then WHY would you say sir? that's just retarded...

cxal_fml 0

In business, women who look like transexual are far more likely to get promotions than women who don't (plenty of research studies done on that if you want to look it up yourself). There is nothing ****** about being a transvestite, but there is something ****** up about someone being old enough to post on FML and still not realizing that s person's sex does not equal their gender. Nearly as bad as someone mistaking a transgendered individual for being a transvestite - VERY, VERY different things, and its shameful that anyone old enough to post here, is so unaware of the meaning they would even consider calling this woman a transvestite, instead of transgendered or transexual

I don't understand, if you were THAT confused about the gender why did you even risk it? You could have just said "Thank you very much!", I'm sure the absence of "sir" or "mam" would have looked a lot less worse than mixing up genders!

phreshboi 1

i'm on the phone with a telemarketer and she/he says thanks ma'am , I'm a guy with a really deep voice... this happens all the time

43-lol she had a deep voice. musta been a smoker. (Michael Scott)

flighted 1

should have said "thank you very much CHRIS"

friedpwnadge 25

What does Chris expect though? With a unisex appearance she can't blame people for being extremely confused.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

ya it was worth trying.... BUT you still arent first :P

You could've said, "Oh, sorry I just had an interview with a man named Chris just a few hours ago. Sorry miss," and it would've worked.

NO ONE ******* CARES if you're "first."

probably not. no company would recruit a dumb **** - who cant differentiate boys and girls. he probably doesn't have a penis so cant tell who else has one :) YDI and FYL!

You may find this surprising, but there ARE people out there who's gender is hard to distinguish. Or your IQ is so low that you can't realize that.

NDnation44 0

#93 y r u yelling at this guy he sed nothing rong some people are jus assholes on this site

emmmilyyy 0

haha i like this thread. #4 is right, #93 doesn't quite get it, #121 and 139 are correct, and #122 thinks typos are cute, when really they are annoying.

#66: I guess you've never heard of androgyny, eh?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And I'm sure she wouldn't want to work with you. Why does it matter to you?

"if she looked like a guy i wouln't want to work there anyways" ... your an ass

well u should have said "thank u very much" and not sir

epic_delight1337 0

why would they give a job interveiw with stains on their clothes? And if i saw someone with a stain i would think first that they spilled food on themselves. not, "oh its a woman because she was cooking" and at the job interveiw why would the person have a mop or broom?

To establish herself as a member of the female population who accurately knows her place in society, of course.

mahpie93 0

Johnslider - I'm fed up of the sexism here. So, no men cook? And just so you know, I know far more men who spill food down themselves than I do women. We can use the mops and brooms we constantly hold to clean ourselves up.

mahpie, all men are sexist. and no men actually want to get married and settle down, men just want sex and food. why not give it to them?

We also want a clean house. Of course men cook, what do you think the barbecue grill is for? And you call me sexist? Wow.

ME MAN. ME MAKE FIRE. ME PRETEND TO HAVE LOTS OF SEX TO PEOPLE ON INTERNET SO PEOPLE DONT KNOW ABOUT SMALL PENIS.

Exactly, we invented ******* fire. What have women done to prove their worth? I guess that's why they clean and cook, to make up for their previous short comings.

I agree. You should have stopped at "Thank you very much!" since you were questioning it throughout the interview. Also, you might want to improve your grammar if you're searching for a good job. The interview can't 'go good' but it can 'go well'. If it's a fast food job or something, I'm sure it didn't matter as long as you didn't sound like you intended to poke fun at Chris.

Well seeing as women gave birth to every single man out there... I'd say that proves their worth.

Yes, but God, a man, created every woman.

laurisshnazzy 0

Then again, we have the power to give you blue balls.

ugh. crazy feminazis. if anything, you're propagating gender equality by making feminism look ridiculous.

blacklagoon_fml 0

JohnSlider - How about giving birth to babies that grow up to be pieces of shit like you? And God being a man? Completely unfounded. Not to say there is no such thing as God, but deities are gender-less. PS: Wall-E was a great movie, don't shit all over it by attaching your name to it.

iSmellNice 2

All men are sexist? That's sexist.

great now we have a male sexist and a female sexist

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING! Wasting so much time trying to find out who's better than who... Anyway OP: Just try to say "Thank you very much" and leave it at that!

Don't bring religion into this. It's really not needed.

Women carries out the genes so that men can have long penis's, so you should thank us for that

would all you women and male sexist shut up!? it has nothing to do with anything!

So men only cook on the grill and not the kitchen stove? Please get your head out of the 1950's.

meeeep 0

#1, name one person that cares besides yourself OP that sucks, you should have went with just thank you very much and then, if you got the job, asked a coworker. FYL though. good try.

You could have just left it at Thank You!!!!!!!!