This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Robert - 14/12/2017 02:06

Today, I got the score for a paper on communism back in my college writing class: 45%. It turns out that not only was the USSR not communist, but apparently The National Socialist Party of Germany wasn't socialist either. When I confronted the teacher, he gave me a Communist Manifesto. FML
I agree, your life sucks 102
You deserved it 47

Top comments

The Nazis were the exact opposite of socialists, they were fascists. If you think that they were socialists, it's no wonder you failed.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (also known as North Korea) Is neither Democratic, a Republic or for the people. Political movements can call themselves whatever they want, the Nazis were still not socialists. You can absolutely blame a college student for not knowing that when they are writing a paper for a college class on the subject of Communism and Socialism.

Comments

The Nazis were the exact opposite of socialists, they were fascists. If you think that they were socialists, it's no wonder you failed.

Their economic policy was based on many socialist principles. Of course Nazis also were fascists, but communists in eastern Europe were fascists, as well. They only used socialism as thinly veiled disguise. Calling Nazis the opposite of socialists is simply wrong. Both use socialism to control the economy, only their make-up looks differently.

Are you serious? The Nazis privatized state-owned businesses on a massive scale, banned unions and forced membership in a state-controlled 'union' with the only goal being increasing productivity. The only economics they had in common with socialism was their generous welfare state, assuming that you were the right kind of person.

Hey, quick quiz, what does the name "Nazi party" mean? National Socialist Party! Guys, seriously, that's literally in the name. You can't knock someone for referring to them as socialists when they literally called themselves socialists. And we don't have any evidence that OP referred to them as socialists to any more extent than that.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (also known as North Korea) Is neither Democratic, a Republic or for the people. Political movements can call themselves whatever they want, the Nazis were still not socialists. You can absolutely blame a college student for not knowing that when they are writing a paper for a college class on the subject of Communism and Socialism.