By anon - 04/12/2009 10:35 - Australia

Today, I got a birthday card in the mail from my aunt. I got all excited when I saw a cheque inside, but the cheque was addressed to the wrong name. Not only did my own aunt forget my name, I couldn't even bank the $60. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 183
You deserved it 2 725

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For some people, $60 can mean the difference between having groceries to eat and gas in the car for a week versus not. As a struggling student in my early 20's so broke I was wearing shoes with holes in the sole and eating Ramen every night, receiving $60 for my birthday would have been a huge blessing. I understand the OP's dismay at not being able to cash the check.

eighty_five 0

Please excuse Brad's stupidity. Not all of us Americans are inconsiderate dickheads.

Comments

For some people, $60 can mean the difference between having groceries to eat and gas in the car for a week versus not. As a struggling student in my early 20's so broke I was wearing shoes with holes in the sole and eating Ramen every night, receiving $60 for my birthday would have been a huge blessing. I understand the OP's dismay at not being able to cash the check.

metallicarnage 0
rupertajm90 15

OP could endorse the check over to himself and then deposit the check in the bank, banks usually make the first 100 available

DoomJeff91 2

Maybe you forgot your aunt's name?

bradg 0

can you read? the op is from australia. they spell things different in different parts of the world.

Before you correct others, adress your own spelling mistakes. cheque: You should've capitalize the "C", it's the beginning of your sentence. its: If you're an American and confuse the words "it's" and "its" you're an idiot. That said, it's supposed to be "it's." You also forgot a full stop.

eighty_five 0

Please excuse Brad's stupidity. Not all of us Americans are inconsiderate dickheads.

GirlFromAus 0

AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS R DIFFERENT 2 UR FKING AMERICAN DOLLARS! its 'queensland, australia', where money is worth something different to florida or wherever you live

omgitsgabby 0
Do_The_DANCE 4
Mx_Rider 6

ehh dont listen to that **** kaysl, she has her panties in a bunch ^---^

Kay girls should only use there mouth and hands for one reason Now go make us a sammich good girl

Two options: 1) "Hey Auntie , you must've stuck the wrong cheque in the envelope. Whoop! Could you write me a new one?" 2) Endorse the back of the cheque with the name she put on. As long as your Aunt doesn't call the bank claiming fraud, you should be fine. ;) Hardly the end of the world, or a FML moment.

You need a driver's license to cash a check. The name on the check won't match her ID.

cheerthefkupism 0

I have a long name & family even misspell it, so I go by a nickname. I've had family write checks out to my real name & misspell it. I've had family write checks out to my nickname. You have to endorse the check first with the name they wrote. -THEN- below it you have to endorse it again with your actual name. This lets the bank know that there was a mistake, but puts your real name on it too.

yeahreally 6

welcome to my world! my own family (like aunts and uncles) cant get my name spelled right...*sigh* but just ask if she can write another one?

hercules268 0

So it's spelt cheque in Australia. Interesting. It's check over here. Regardless, there's always one thing that we all can understand and that's Beer. So lets all have a pint and be happy.

iSmellNice 2

Uhhh, just ask her to send another one.