By Canceled Wedding - 25/05/2017 22:00

Today, I found out that because we made a mistake and applied for the wrong visa first, my fiancé probably can't fly into America to attend his own wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 619
You deserved it 1 270

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You probably need to order from a better mail-order groom company next time.

timonedogdead 16

This was probably something you should have done more research into before you filled out papers, seeing as though it's so important.

Comments

species4872 19

That really sucks, hope it works out for both of you.

You probably need to order from a better mail-order groom company next time.

timonedogdead 16

This was probably something you should have done more research into before you filled out papers, seeing as though it's so important.

I used VisaJourney's community to help me immigrate into the US (I'm CDN, husband is US) They have step by step guides for almost every country too, and the community can verify exactly what you need to do in case something doesn't make sense. I'm sorry you did it that way, Perhaps it can be resolved by asking for a Visit Visa. I was given one after sending in my documents (Initial step that makes it so you can't go into that country) so I could 'visit' with my husband while I waited for the next step. Call the Customs and Immigration call centre. (I'm not sure what its called anymore, its been almost 9 years) But that website will help you!

marrying a foreigner? what your family think?

Canadian is hardly a foreigner when you marry an US citizen.

Who cares? It's their life, and they are the ones that have to live with their spouse. Foreign doesn't mean bad, Good Lord.

NEVER AGAIN 7

I think you were on purpose

Trying one of those green card marriages? Those don't work, anymore.

an_absolute_nobody 7

Alright, this one's mine. First, he's not trying to move to America, I'm moving to Australia. But my family is bigger so the wedding is here. Second, we did research and everything told us we were right. Guess not. Still working it out though. And for those of you who are wondering, my family likes him, just not that I'm moving.

This has happened to my brother and his girlfriend, they had professional help but well still got the wrong visa. They have been trying to get married for 7 years now.