By Need Clothes Now - 21/09/2014 15:51 - United States - Pendleton

Today, I flew across country to college. My luggage did not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 692
You deserved it 3 356

Same thing different taste

Comments

Assuming you have money with you just buy some essentials while you try to figure out what's wrong with your luggage.

The airlines sometimes reimburse you so you can buy new clothes.

I'm not saying they are cheap. I'm also not saying the situation is optimal. But buy the bare necessities to get by for a few days. It sucks, but you have to do what you have to do :/

Yup. Depending on where you are, you can buy several clothes at Ross, Marshalls, or Burlington clothes factory for $100

I think most people that fly regularly have tried it. Not the end of the world - it usually shows up a little later ans there's the added benefit of new free underwear

orbit 22

Where does the free underwear come from? Am I missing something??

Usually you'd some refund from the airline to cover necesities if they lose your luggage. But maybe not in the states?

^He's right. Our airline lost all of our luggage on the way to Mexico so they told us to buy any necessities and they would refund it. We got our luggage the next day and I believe they gave us $200 toward our next flight. Not bad, and got a cute bikini out of the deal.

That sounds horrible! Terribly sorry OP.

Well you should get it eventually. So just be patient:)

Worst case scenario you start your wardrobe from scratch with all the new fashion styles...

Must have been American Airlines. Sorry OP

I've been flying American lately. They're not the same as they were 10 years ago with crappy noisy planes and low employee moral. They've got gorgeous planes, customer service has been excellent (even as I flew out of a hurricane and through a civil uprising), and tbh, the first class cabins on American are some of the most comfy I've flown in.

Well now you have a valid reason for a new wardrobe! Still sorry because I'm sure you had some sentimental items that may or may not be able to be replaced. I'd check with the airline and see if there is any chance it could be recovered.

I had that happen to me once when I was moving... The airline didn't even apologize and I never got my stuff back :( luckily it wasn't anything too important