By allergic_to_bull - 08/10/2014 18:48 - United States - West Palm Beach

Today, I attended an assembly regarding senior graduation. The assistant principal told us to look to the left and right of us, because those people would be our friends for the rest of our lives. I was the only one in the entire row. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 519
You deserved it 4 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think that's not in order for a lot of people, I hardly talk to anyone from that period. Look on the bright side, nobody in your personal space ;)

BeautifulChaos27 37

In all honesty, most of those people in the assembly you'll never hear from again like a year or two after graduation anyway.

Comments

Aw dude that sucks D: that's just bad timing, ignore him/her, it's only high school :'3

Who needs friends when you have Friends Season 3 on DVD?

She said assistant principal so it's probably high school

Don't take that to heart OP. I just graduated high school and I only talk to one of my friend's constantly out of all the rest. You lose touch with the rest when you move on in life. And tbh I hung out with one of my other friend's from high school and it just wasn't the same. People come and go all throughout life :)

LittleRed79 39

Facebook friends...I'm pretty sure your assistant principal meant those people would be your Facebook friends for the rest of your lives.

I think he assumed that the people standing next to you are likely to be your best friends. And for many of us, including me, your best friends from high school will remain close to you for the rest of your life. Even if you live far apart... and #53 I guarantee he did NOT mean Facebook friends :-P

Who need friends when you have all seasons of Friends on dvd? ;)

I think that's not in order for a lot of people, I hardly talk to anyone from that period. Look on the bright side, nobody in your personal space ;)

*accidentally sits next to Nazi and KKK member* Me: "I got mixed up in the wrong crowd..."

Yeah, because there are always a bunch of KKK members and Nazis at school assemblies.

Well... High school is hell... So I don't see why there wouldn't be Nazis and KKK members.

Go to college, make new friends, be an adult.

Agreed. I never see any of the people I went to high school with; am friends with only one person whom I met in junior high (and she graduated from a different school). My best friends I met while at university - often they are not even in the same field as me - or through the swords club, other sports, hubby's work colleagues, etc. High school just has too much drama. And it is one of the shortest periods of your life, so to think that that is the only time to make friends for the rest of your life is a bit silly. Cheer up OP. The best is yet to come.

BeautifulChaos27 37

In all honesty, most of those people in the assembly you'll never hear from again like a year or two after graduation anyway.

skyttlz 32

Agreed. I graduated in 2013 so it's only been one year and I keep in touch with maybe 5 people. There were over 400 in my grade. Most of my grade was kind of cliquey and didn't even know me (except by name maybe). I saw two of my classmates recently and they were just like "I went to high school with you huh?!" Yes. Yes you did.

A whole row to yourself?! I'd be blessed ;)

homesuckfucker 28

In all honesty, it isn't typical to remain friends with people from high school throughout adulthood. I'm sure you have friends, OP. And you'll surely make new ones. Your life isn't f*ked, it's just beginning!

Chairs are really the only thing you can rely on these days. Dark alley? Chair's got your back. Breakup? Chair'll always be there. Consider yourself lucky.

cjwayy 22

It's a sign! Just kidding, it doesn't really mean anything. :P Don't worry, OP.