By BigLove - 05/02/2014 02:25 - United States - Stoneham

Today, Facebook put something out that shows a video of your entire life on the website. A part of it showed your most popular status update. Mine was from when I got dumped at Christmas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 474
You deserved it 5 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Getting dumped isn't the worst thing that can happen on Christmas. Imagine if your parents didn't get you the right color iPhone? *shudders*

xivoricbutterfly 25

You'll find the right one op. Dont like facebook get you down. breaking up is apart of life

Comments

xivoricbutterfly 25

You'll find the right one op. Dont like facebook get you down. breaking up is apart of life

You know Facebook has taken over your life when you randomly add "like" to a sentence

10, another reason why I'm Facebook free. I'm sorry, OP, that you have to be reminded of an unpleasant memory. Is there a setting where you can opt not to have your video played?

Facebook really know how to hit you right in the feels

I used to have a Facebook but I deleted it. Too many fake friends who are just trying to get more people on their friends list.

colton_colton 49

Exactly. Screw what facebook says, you'll find the right one!

NikkiRainbow63 31

Leave it to Facebook to remind you of all your greatest times!

That's part of your life, and obviously one with impact. You should embrace it!

I am sooo ****** up right now. A little too much Jack Daaaniels Id say.

Rainhawk94 27

#17 if your grammar seems ok for someone so wasted

No, they missed an apostrophe there, not to mention the grave error that there's *never*, too much JD.

let's just hope the likes were of sympathy not malice! that sucks though OP, Facebook needs to make some recalculations!

Why do they need to make recalculations? She put it on Facebook herself and they didn't force her to make the video YDI OP

Facebook doesn't need to make any recalculation a whatsoever. It's certainly his most popular status update, whether he likes it or not. They're not going to program something that finds words like "break up" and automatically ignores that particular status.

*Him, you obviously knew what I was talking about what's the big deal?

Quick! I must do something interesting...

Wizardo 33

Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you posted it away. Next Christmas I'll poke someone special.

Getting dumped isn't the worst thing that can happen on Christmas. Imagine if your parents didn't get you the right color iPhone? *shudders*

Or if they got you an iPhone 5S instead of an iPhone 5C, the horror *shudders*

iLike2Teabag 27

I think you have that the other way around. 5S > 5C

Facebook has a way of rubbing things in. I hope this year will be better op!

soup_of_the_day 10

That sucks, but it could be worse: mine had my moms death from pancreatic cancer and then the $25k raised by my little sister in support of pancreatic cancer. Life is a roller coaster you have to take the lows with the highs.

sorry for that #8. that's way more serious than being dumped, and how wretched of fb. I hope people complain about that stupid idea, I've herd of a lot of people that had to be reminded of something terrible.

not to be mean 16, but if someone put something online, how do they expect never to be reminded of it ever again? it's existing forever online. facebook used a generic formula to make the video and applied to everyone. dont like something on your profile? delete it. dont blame social media for what you put up. my best friend's video had pictures of her at prom with her ex boyfriend, but then right after, it showed her engagement, marriage, and her first born. it's part of life.

#52. I can see your point, it doesn't really affect me anyway not using fb. I guess anytime fb catches flak I approve. kinda makes me a dickish instigator huh?

Ali_Br_fml 33

They say that soon we'll get the option to edit & decide which pictures don't make the cut (my family members' deaths/ RIP posts), and maybe add those which do. I want to change a few too. Mine is now set to "Only me" in the privacy settings, & as soon as I can edit, I'll take what I hate down, then make it viewable. I like the idea, but just didn't like the pictures they chose. Keep your head up. If it's really bad, hopefully the option to change it comes sooner than later.

To be fair, that could be because of all the comments or sympathy likes.

I suppose (or hope) it was popular because people were showing you their love and support when you were having a tough time. It's a chapter that is over, and it is time to move on to better things. :) good luck op