By jettison17 - 28/07/2016 06:41 - United States - Chandler

Today, despite my best efforts to keep my new apartment clean and weeks of denying the complex has a bug problem, I came face to face with a roach in my cupboard. I swear the little bastard waved at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 275
You deserved it 1 589

jettison17 tells us more.

OP here. I've spoken to management and they're working on an exterminator, as the whole complex was bought out 3 weeks ago. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later, or I will have to burn it down! In the meantime my cat and I have shown no mercy.

Top comments

Angelrose2004 17

Those little boogers are (nearly) the worst! I hope it was at night time when you saw it. Usually, they say that if you see them during the day, the infestation is so bad, they are overcrowded and have nowhere else to hide. No joke! I moved into a place like that, and I'm convinced an exterminator is the only way to get rid of them. I hope you have a good landlord to take care of that issue.

Comments

There maybe more cost effective options and it might not be a practical option for OP.

Yh, the practical option being " burn the apartment down, burn everything"!!!

Sounds about as bad as weeds in the yard. They won't go away no matter how much you try >.<!

Actually it's not hard to get rid of weeds, it's called pulling them up or using a weed spray. Kills them. Bugs are worst because they reproduce so fast.

They keep coming back. You missed my point obviously

But weeds can't crawl on you in the middle of the night, and they generally don't take up residence in your pantry.

Angelrose2004 17

Those little boogers are (nearly) the worst! I hope it was at night time when you saw it. Usually, they say that if you see them during the day, the infestation is so bad, they are overcrowded and have nowhere else to hide. No joke! I moved into a place like that, and I'm convinced an exterminator is the only way to get rid of them. I hope you have a good landlord to take care of that issue.

mif_fml 27

Bring it to management so they can get an exterminator. If you see one, you can bet there are many, many more.

JMichael 25

Like a couple hundred at least..I think OP is better off burning the place down.

chrisbeaudoin 26

That mite just be the best pun I've heard lately, I just 'pede myself laughing.

Props to the both of you, I'm awful at coming up with puns on the fly.

Comments like yours really ticks me off.

Look, it's your friend, Gregor Samsa (From the novel "The Metamorphosis") who's come to say hi!

Wave back with a flyswatter. (or if it was me, a hand grenade)

Rodents are even worse. Their much faster and more difficult to kill than puny little bugs.

that's hilarious. and wrong. dead wrong. I have a roach infestation now and had a horrible rat problem...guess which was the easiest and cheapest?

species4872 19

Should have tried to teach the rodents to eat the bugs then get rid of the rodents.

Nope, getting/borrowing a cat or a terrier (a Jack Russell is a good one for this) is a dead easy way to get rid of a rodent infestation. I'd take that over the bugs any day...though my cats won't even tolerate moths or spiders in the house, which is an added bonus!

Bed bugs are the hands down worst. At least roaches and rodents don't feed off of you while you sleep. Nothing worse than waking up covered in bites and having little red dots all over your sheets.

i have the same problem. i found once about 10 days ago. the same time new tenants moved into the apartment directly below mine. exterminator comes on monday and he's doing my apartment first so they don't seek refuge when he does theirs

Rubbing alcohol- works.... I spray the beds every time, I have to stay at a motel